Thread: Cycling Shorts Debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

At Brown County this weekend, we were having a shorts on long rides talk and Bob ?? from Pamba let us in on one of Howie's secrets. Howie has done numerous 24 hour races solo and does long training rides a lot so his experience might be worth looking at, even though this sounds unorthodox...

Howie wears 2 pairs of riding shorts at the same time, one over hte other. Bob says it's so comfortable that he's been doing it for regular rides and wouldn't have it any other way. (and he was wearing two pairs with butter at the time we were discussing this)

Food for thought!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    At Brown County this weekend, we were having a shorts on long rides talk and Bob ?? from Pamba let us in on one of Howie's secrets. Howie has done numerous 24 hour races solo and does long training rides a lot so his experience might be worth looking at, even though this sounds unorthodox...

Howie wears 2 pairs of riding shorts at the same time, one over hte other. Bob says it's so comfortable that he's been doing it for regular rides and wouldn't have it any other way. (and he was wearing two pairs with butter at the time we were discussing this)

Food for thought!
    Creating more laundry than what I have to!? Blasphemy! Last race I forgot my beloved Chamois Butt'r so I had to ride the 50 miler dry. I found that I developed all the right calluses in all the wrong areas.... At this point I don't know if it really matters what shorts I wear. Whatever works best for you I guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Good Cycling Shorts

I ended up with Mt. Borah Pro Shorts from Bike One in Moline. They retail for $70. I wore them all 454 miles of RAGBRAI and they treated me well. Very comfortable, no rash, no chafing, no butt cream needed!

Here's what the pad looks like.
    http://www.bikesonline.com/mt-borah-...t-black-lg.htm