Thread: Cycling Shorts Debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks everyone for the advice and the links.

Gunchie, that's kind of what I'm most concerned about is the padding and comfort for long rides. Sure, pockets would be nice and I would much rather walk around in baggies, but what do you Forc'rs wear when the trails are wet and you take the road bike out for those long rides?

Where'd you get em and how much were they?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trudat View Post
    ...what do you Forc'rs wear when the trails are wet and you take the road bike out for those long rides?

PlumSmugglers. Basic lycra bike shorts, get 'em anywhere, ~$40 will set you up.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Here's a good pair: http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...8_20000_400065. I have a pair of the Ultra series shorts myself and use them all the time for training. Longest I've gone with them is 3:30 hours and didn't have an issue with discomfort.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trudat View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advice and the links.

Gunchie, that's kind of what I'm most concerned about is the padding and comfort for long rides. Sure, pockets would be nice and I would much rather walk around in baggies, but what do you Forc'rs wear when the trails are wet and you take the road bike out for those long rides?

Thanks again.
    I got mine on clearance at a bike shop so that's not much use to you now. No matter what brand you go with make sure to take a good look at the pad. A good pad will have look something like this: http://www.giordana.com/en/collezioni/fondelli/mc3-. It has lines in it that fold to your contours. If the pad doesn't have any lines and looks like a big maxi pad then it's low quality and personally I wouldn't mess around with it. Also, if it looks like it is mesh I wouldn't buy them either. Trust me, the first time you peel the pad off yourself after a long ride you know why. Both of these pads are fine for less then two hours, but in my opinion it's worth spending the extra money for a better pad for long endurance rides. Who knows, you may find an awesome deal out there that doesn't break the bank. Also, I strongly suggest a good lubricant like Chamois Butt'r as well.
    Last edited by Gunchie; 07-11-2011 at 04:28 PM.