Thread: Brown County, IN Camping Trip with PAMBA July 14-18, 2011

Default Brown County, IN Camping Trip with PAMBA July 14-18, 2011

PAMBA's annual camping trip to Brown County, Indiana is back by extremely popular demand! Come join us for a weekend of fantastic riding on phenomenal trails with fun-loving people! This year's date is July 14 - 18th. The campround is reserved for the nights of July 14,15, 16 & 17.

I am heading down around 4PM on Thursday (July 14th) and will drive back on Monday. Drive time from the QC is 6 hours. I have heard SO MANY amazing stories about Brown County and their 26 miles of awesome singletrack. I can't wait to go!! Anyone want to join me?
    I wanna ride!

In case you're one of the two people I didn't tell at the fest, I rode Brown County Friday morning of the fest. When the rain rolled in, I headed west for the Fest. How can you beat Brown County and the Midwest MTB fest all in one weekend. ?

Anyways, this is a trail that had eluded me for years. Every time my plans fell through or the weather sucked. This is a must ride trail. The new Green Valley trail is not on any of their maps. It had me giggling out loud and i was riding by myself. These trails put the F in flow.

Thanks for the feedback. Your sentiment about Brown County has been echoed by many people. This will be my first experience there and I am SO excited!

Here's more info from the PAMBA site about the trip:
    July is upon us and it's time to find out........who's coming to Brown County???!!! Role call!! Everyone is welcome! There are several folks from other clubs joining us for the fun!

We have reserved Rally Group site #2, the shadiest site there. Like last year, there will be a community kitchen with tables, pots, pans, coolers, stoves, etc. Unlike last year, there won't be organized meals. The chefs decided they needed less time in the kitchen and more time on their bikes!! I will assemble the gear in a few days and post a list of what we'll be bringing so you don't have to waste precious space. Posted here: http://www.pambamtb.org/phpBB3/viewt...=2180&start=10.
    The bigger families need every square inch.

As for expenses, it's $7 per out of state car to get into the park. They charge $10 per tent per night for the Rally site. Here's a nice link for that info http://www.browncountystatepark.com/...0infosheet.pdf

For other information, try this http://www.browncountystatepark.com/
    Post here if you have other questions and I'll do my best to answer.

I am leaving Thursday night to get a leg up on the drive and will be staying with friends in Bloomington that night, then we will head out from there around 7 AM on Friday for the 4 hours to Brown County. I may come home Sunday night, or maybe Monday afternoon.
    I wanna ride!