Thread: vandals at Sunderbruch

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

Default vandals at Sunderbruch

Check out the article in today's (Wed) paper

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2009...5174102225.txt
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visibility is good. Thanks for representing, JG!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Nice representing, Jim!

It just kills me that there are so many ignorant people out there that would tear up a beautiful park. And, Mr. ATV who commented on the article with such bias almost motivated me to respond. I'm a former ATVer and can still appreciate the plight of limited riding areas, but he rubbed me the wrong way citing that their group puts in more work... bla blah blah. Open mind. Calm. Relax. Deep breath.

OK, I'm copacetic.
    I wanna ride!

ok, i read the article and comments before posting dso i knew what i was talkin about.

the comment was made about sunderbruch being a failure as a bike park. does he know about the race held ther last year, the ones scheduled for this year. what about the demo day and mtbiking 101. dammit people are one sided. i have friends that have never been on a bike telling me i am ignorant for riding sometimes. n e ways. would there not be enough room to allow both at sunderbruch or have we taken the park beyond that level.

i don't necessarily have the answer but agree they should be able to ride somewhere in the cities also without having to travel.... like solon, ia.

enough on this, just going to frustrate people without the right voices.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

We have taken the park beyond quadding. And, Solon, IA isn't so great for quadding.

SBP in his opinion is a failure because it doesn't allow for his sport of chocie which I can understand him being frustrated about. That doesn't mean it is a failure and I think he was reckless in proclaiming that without having broader knowledge base about the topic.

Maybe this article and his comments bring to light something important... that more exposure about the park and the purpose it is serving should be better highlighted.
    I wanna ride!

Chuck Norris Guest

He also needs to remember that QCBC isn't the only source to consult when it comes to biking in the area - especially off-road. I don't think he's aware of all the stuff we do - just concerned about where he can tear up trails.

I don't even live in the QC anymore, and yet this still pisses me off. while there, I help maintain SBP and I no my efforts pale in comparison to the like of Ray, Rage, Steve, Bex & Hot Johnny, AG and many many more.

Its not just you guys that have the problems, out here in Cali the ATV guys act like they are entitled. There have reports of them riding rogue on private land and attacking the land owners when they confront them. There is nothing wrong with ATVers, but if they won't trails and land from the city, then they should heed the model that FORC has laid out. You have to prove to the city that not only is there a need, but also a force to take care of the land.

Default Sunderbruch Park use

I received a phone call from Kathy Storm (QCBC & Quad City Women's Outdoor Club member), asking me to thank FORC for it's work at Sunderbruch. She and other members of QCBC & QCWOC enjoy hiking and snowshoeing there, and really appreciate the trails. A few weeks back, there were comments made to a QCTimes article that stated Sunderbruch was not used by anyone and should basically be turned over to ATV riders. Just because the park users are not making alot of noise or tearing up the trails doesn't mean that they are not out on the trails enjoying Sunderbruch!
    Karen
    Last edited by kiks; 01-29-2009 at 01:10 PM.