Thread: 'Fest Prep Trail Day this Sunday 6/19 @ 9am

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 'Fest Prep Trail Day this Sunday 6/19 @ 9am

Prelude - The trails are open! <---- so much for that! friggin rain!

With everyone's hard work whackin weeds, I think that gave the trails a little "breathing room" and they're drying out quicker than they had in the last few weeks. The humidity has been down too, so I'm sure that contributed...but I digress...

Here's what we gotta do:

1. clear downed trees - the winds from the storms of the past few days have knocked down some ol' leaners...need to get out and get them off the trail. maybe we can make some cool features with the logs we cut up...?

2. clear arm grabbers and face slappers. it's getting a bit sloppy...who wants to have a face slapper scratch up their new riding glasses?!

3. touch up the weeds here and there. make it look nice for our Fester friends!

4. minor dirt work. depending on available man-power, there are some spots that could use some de-berming and re-working. nothing major, just a lil TLC.

bring: loppers, chainsaws, flat shovels, weed trimmers (I'll have the 2 FORC just bought), and any other tools you think could help. also, you'll definitely want pants - I wore shorts last week 'cause it was 95 friggin degrees and now my legs are covered with the ivy. I wish I would've sacrificed an afternoon's comfort to be ivy-free. UGH.

must brings: beverages of choice (read - beer) and a munchie or two.

I'M COUNTING ON 10-12 people showing up. If we get that kind of turnout, which is really low according to past Sunderbruch trail day standards, we should get this stuff knocked out in a few short hours and be able to return home to our families to enjoy Father's Day shenanigans OR to go do whatever it is that you do for fun on a Sunday (read - drink beer).

See ya there!

The 'Fest is here in less than 2 weeks! Let's make sure Davenport's "Crown Jewel" of off-road riding is sparkling!

Last edited by jimithng23; 06-14-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."