Thread: Bike Shop in Quad Cities

Default Bike Shop in Quad Cities

Hey Guys,

I just moved over from Germany to live in the Quad Cities for several years. I've been already a few times to the Illiniwek Park, it is a very nice place to go for a ride.

But now I'm looking for a good bike shop here in QC. I want to bring my Fully and Racebike to inspection. Can anyone give me some advice where to go best?

Healthy habits in Bettendorf is where I like to take my stuff. Seam to have the most knowledge and are nice guys to buy from.

There are so many good bike shops in the Quad Cities, it's hard to pick just one that's the "best". There are two new bike shops on the IL side, Bike One in Moline and Let's Ride in Silvis, along with the tried and true Bike 'n Hike in Rock Island and B&B in Geneseo.

Then you have the IA Shops:
    Healthy Habits in Bettendorf
    Jerry and Sparky's in Davenport
    Trek Store in Davenport

You aren't going to find bad service at any of the bike shops, but I will say that the shops that have people that ride a lot of mountain bike (which means ones I personally interact with most) all know their stuff when it comes to working on an MTB: B&B, Healthy, Phil at Bike n Hike.

I agree with there are many decent bike shops in the QC's. I've mountain biked in the area over 20 years. I've bought bikes at all of the IA stores and have had the best luck at Jerry and Sparky's. They have a hidden jem of a mechanic named Matt. Serious mountain biker and outstanding mechanic. A family owned business run by great people.

Here's how I came to a J&S's fan. A few years ago I bought a used bike at one of the other Iowa QC shops. Was having trouble with it and took it back numerous time for repair. All I got was frustrated and the bike was never fixed. Happend to be in Jerry's with a friend and described my mechanical issues to Jerry. Even though I bought the bike someplace else he had Matt take a look and eventually repaired it. When I cracked the frame on this bike I went to Jerry's for my new bike. Have had nothing but prompt, friendly, courtious service. Lots of good bike shop choices in the area, that's my story on Jerry and Sparky's.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

We get pretty great service from the shops around here. As part of the Mountain Bike Patrol, I usually tell people to just start with the one that's closest to your house and go check'em out. If you get a good vibe and feel like you fit in there, you found your new bike shop! If don't feel like you fit in there, check out the next closest one.

Seriously, the local bike shops have REALLY been good to mountain bikers, because since we started building good trails, sales of off road bikes have gone up tremendously. By supporting each other, both shops and bikers win.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.