Thread: Sunday 5-29-11 TRIFECTA!! Illiniwek, Sco Co Pa and Sunderbruch with picnic to follow

Default Sunday 5-29-11 TRIFECTA!! Illiniwek, Sco Co Pa and Sunderbruch with picnic to follow

Normally we do a weekend-long Memorial Day trip, but we just couldn't get group camping set up this year (sorry, I was a little late on the stick this year and everything was booked). For those who will be in town Sunday, May 29th and would like to ride, we will be enjoying a trifecta with picnic (weather-permitting)!!!! You ask, "What in the world, Bexter, is a trifecta?" A horse race option? Could be but isn't. Three kinds of glorious ice cream? Mayyybe. Better yet, three kinds of beer... hmmm... well, it could be either of those things, actually. WITH CERTAINTY THOUGH, IT INVOLVES THREE LOCAL TRAIL SYSTEMS, us and our bikes!!

Make one, two or three parks!
    • Illiniwek Park ride starts at 9:30 AM (park in upper lot -- top of Hubbard Road hill, North side of road at gravel County maintenance parking lot -- you will see the little grey storage hut). I don't think I will be able to make this part of the trifecta, but there will be others out there.
    • Scott County Park, Noonish (park at Pride Lake)
    • Sunderbruch Park, 2:30 or 3 with a plan to start grilling around 5:30 PM. We will bring a grill if you want to bring something to cook (if anyone else also has a portable grill, please bring it).
    This is going to be FUN! We can assemble and enjoy beautiful weather after a day of amazing riding. Don't worry if you can't make the whole day. Pop in for whatever you can enjoy and call it good.

Stay tuned for Monday's plans: a bicycle pub crawl and criterium viewing.
    I wanna ride!

Default Sounds like a game plan

Just don't leave me in the dust. I have been known to crash n burn.

No worries! And, looking at the forecast, lots of rain for the weekend (but DO recall last weekend's forecast... rain predicted yet we lucked out and it was beautiful and sunny -- I rode both days!). IF we get rain and the trails close but the streets are dry, we are going to change this to an urban ride / Tour De Brew. Stay tuned!
    I wanna ride!

Cancelled due to rain. :(

As an alternative option, we are going to do a Tour de Brew on Sunday instead. See this: http://www.qcforc.org/showthread.php...0278#post10278
    I wanna ride!