Thread: Ladies ride at Sunderbruch with the Dubuque crew - Saturday, June 4th at 10 AM

Default Ladies ride at Sunderbruch with the Dubuque crew - Saturday, June 4th at 10 AM

I just received word from the Dubuque gals that they want to check out Sunderbruch Park and they are coming down on Saturday, June 4th for a 10 AM ride. These ladies are accomplished riders (definitely more so than me) and the ride will be moderately challenging in pace. This seems like an excellent opportunity to get as many gals together to meet other gals who ride, see who rides similar paces so you can connect and ride together in the future. Riding with those of similar skill and speed makes for an enjoyable group ride (and consistently riding with people a bit better than you will result in much improvement -- quickly). Since we will have a combination of riders both in terms of experience and speed, we will group up based on that: Newbies, Intermediate and Experienced -- all relative concepts. The game plan will be to ride a green lap first to get everyone warmed up (it's only 2 miles), then hit everything. Spread the word!!

Your male counterparts are also very welcome to hit the park, but we will keep our first couple laps women's only. Then, we can reconnect and do an All Skate!!!! If you want to pack up and grab lunch at a micro brewery after that, we have several to choose from!
    I wanna ride!

Sounds like we're also going to get a few gals in from Peoria!
    I wanna ride!

Yippie!! Our ride is on for today! I checked the radar and we're clear for this morning! See you soon!
    I wanna ride!

Are the trails open?

The trail steward was gracious in allowing us to ride since we had visitors coming in from Dubuque and Peoria. The trails were greasy and we stayed off a couple loops that were in less appealing condition.
    I wanna ride!