Thread: Not a ride, but sunder trial crew needs a hand!!!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Not a ride, but sunder trial crew needs a hand!!!

The City of Davenport has dropped of a load of rock for us to use use, and there are 2 areas we plan to do similar crossings as they do in the real Blue Mound on our Blue Mound trail. We need to get it moved to where we're gonna use it- I know it's short notice, but tonight at 6:30, we are asking all you big strong knobbies to come out to sunder, meet on the blacktop just up the hill from the Comlara crossover where the mowed horse path runs off to the left.

I've got Ricks wagon and wheelbarrow, another wheelbarrow wouldn't hurt if you've got one. Bring gloves. Also- some doods are gonna be weedeating out there tonight, too. If you want o help out with that instead, well of course that would be greatly appreciated by all riders everywhere, too.

Summers Here!!!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Ray and I tried moving these by ourselves yesterday morning...let's just say...we failed

We really need some help getting these boulders down the hill. We've gotta get them a few yards down the climb out of the Blue Mound trail. It's actually not too far from this spot. I figure 6-8 strong backs could knock this out pretty quickly.

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I should be able to make it out there tonight. Ill bring my wheelbarrow and weed eater.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

we need one of these...http://www.mucktruckamerica.com
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkn1 View Post
    we need one of these...http://www.mucktruckamerica.com
    ^^^ ...hehe...giggity...

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

If not one of those, build thine selves a spartacus

I don't know if you guys finished but I am available Wednesday to ROCK it out. Let me know

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Thanks to Amber, Poofy, Milky, Kings, Neips,Steve and Reed for helping move Rock, (Milky ordered another load, we'll post up when it needs to be moved) to forcmeister for letting us use his big trail trailer which we should probably buy him a new one since these were REALLY heavy rocks and there may have been some damage done... (hint) and to AG and neips for getting a lot of weedeating done!!

The Sparticus- Back when it was tough and peeps had to think a bit- I used a set of chains for a garden tractor as a sparticus. I took chain quick links and hooked them to gether in a big X shape, allowing 4 people easily and more if you crowd in to all have a grab at a big rock.

Anybody got any old sets of chains for a garden tractor laying around??

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

we have a muck truck in stock at the store...
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?