Thread: Blue Mound Update!!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Blue Mound Update!!

More Blue Mound style Tech features!! There was a 2x10 in the bottom of the V 1st ditch, this has been replaced by a series of rocks that allows water to flow around them and you to ride over them. This is more in keeping with the style of riding in the Blue Mount Trail system in Mt. Orub (sp?)

Also as of last night, there is a large pile of rocks dead in the way on the climb out. Bear with us!! We're armoring another perpetually wet area with rock in the Blue Mound tradition. This will be an armored technical trail feature that is similar to a large granite Rock Garden, but is NOT designed specifically to be difficult- however it will undoubtedly be chllenging and provide another opportunity to learn/better our skills when riding!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Here's a few pics of the rock work being done last night:

the final product is not pictured, so I'll guess you'll have to ride it to find out!

also, like Vibrato pointed out...use caution on the climb out as there's a huge pile of rock right in the middle of the trail. sorry about that but we all kinda ran out of gas after moving those boulders!

we're hoping to finish the project this week. ultimate goal is to have a neat rock feature to keep you interested in the trail as you climb out...it will not be nearly as gnarly as the rock garden (that was put in on a downhill and doesn't need to be very smooth) because you'll be climbing through this feature.

have fun!

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."