Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memorial Day weekend trip??? What say you, FORCers??

Board Position
    President

Sweet! If more want to join in by all means keep posting up, I'm sure we can figure out the logistics of it all. I plan on keeping it simple. Fruit, sandwiches, beer, water. Basically nothing I have to cook. It's only one night no sense getting fancy. Though I'm thinking bloody mary's Saturday morning. Found some Major Peters in the fridge.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

If y'all wanna make Kettle your destination but campground space is a problem, let me know. Gomez (see: Gnomefest founder, advocacy kingpin, and the poster child of eloquence himself) lives nearby. I've never known him to turn down company. Hell, I might be down for that trip.

Board Position
    President

Looks like the plan is to leave the QC around 11. Russ, Steve, Raul, Squirrel... Who else? help me out here its been a long day. Lets say meet at my place around 11:00. Leave when we have everything loaded. Then we need to swing through Dubuque and meet up with Richard. In the mean time post up if your going so we can figure out who's driving. Keep in mind I can bring 6 in the van and 12 bikes on the trailer.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Farmboy- Next time we may be hunting that up!! We had 20 or 30 with us the last time a group went to kettle, think he'd be allright with that many people getting plastered in his yard at some time in the future?

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Farmboy, thanks for the info. Our original thought was Kettle but their group camping was filled. We have since come up with alternative plans, but we will definitely keep the lodging option in mind for future trips. No lie, last trip was 31 FORCers!
    I wanna ride!

Looks like I'm out. You will be seeing on the news that a women in Castle Rock, CO. killed her two kids and tried to kill herself. The husband, Eric, is a life long, very good friend of mine. I will be in CO this weekend.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

ah Russ...so sorry to hear that, man.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Farmboy- Next time we may be hunting that up!! We had 20 or 30 with us the last time a group went to kettle, think he'd be allright with that many people getting plastered in his yard at some time in the future?
    Not sure.
    Never hurts to ask.

Board Position
    President

I've been keeping an eye on the weather up at Levis, looking kinda crappy I must say. some of us are meeting at Great River Thursday night to make a final decision on the final plan. will post what we come up with.

Stay tuned....

Board Position
    President

We have decided to postpone this trip. Sucks.

seriously? everywhere will be wet. doesn't levis drain water the best? anyone ridden out there after a lot of rain? i was planning on meeting you guys up there. i still might go fri night, ride sat. come back sat night. they should open up ray's on raining weekends!

Board Position
    President

What ever dude drunk and called it. Next time.

Quote Originally Posted by konabiker View Post
    seriously? everywhere will be wet. doesn't levis drain water the best? anyone ridden out there after a lot of rain? i was planning on meeting you guys up there. i still might go fri night, ride sat. come back sat night. they should open up ray's on raining weekends!
    You can pretty much ride most of Levis right after a rain, but that's not why we decided to call it. Mostly it was the combination of 70% chance of rain and the 48 degree low...at least that's what did it for me. I can handle one or the other, but I've got way too many things I could be doing other than sitting in my tent freezing and watching it rain.

We were wondering what happened to the Forcsters this year!
    Levis Trails were in great shape, mother nature spared us and provided for days of single track fulfillment.
    We pretty much had the place to ourselves this year.

Quote Originally Posted by burak View Post
    We were wondering what happened to the Forcsters this year!
    Levis Trails were in great shape, mother nature spared us and provided for days of single track fulfillment.
    We pretty much had the place to ourselves this year.
    Yeah a few of us were regretting the decision to call it...had a pretty good weekend nonetheless though!