Thread: Tailwind Century

Default Tailwind Century

Tailwind Century
    Ride like the wind. It's fun and very rewarding to ride 100 miles with the wind at your back. A bus will take the riders out 100 miles and we will ride back to the Quad Cities. Sign up at www.qcbc.org
    got bikes, will ride!
    Don Collins

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

563-340-3476

I'm interested! Any other FORCers want to do this road ride? It's only $20 which includes the bus ride out and lunch. Pretty cool. And, the QCBC picnic at Illiniwek is the following day. Talk about a great weekend of riding!
    I wanna ride!

sounds like fun, just falls on a bad day for me.

I'm planning on being at the picnic though.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

There are still about 30 spots open for the Tailwind ride. At this point there will a very good chance that you can register the day of the ride.

It also looks like the river levels may drop enough to use the scheduled Ben Butterworth start location. If the lot is still closed we will start in the Quarter of East Moline behind John Deere Harvester. I will make the call on Friday, so look for an update online on Friday. I will update the ride maps to show the detours finishing through town. All the riverfront bike paths will still be impassible on Saturday.

If it looks like rain, I will make that decision on Saturday morning. If it looks like rain or T-storms all day it will be canceled. If the amount of precipitation predicted is a small amount or scattered, we will ride. So dress accordingly.

Look for an update on Friday.
    got bikes, will ride!
    Don Collins

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

563-340-3476

Tailwind Century is now behind us and I did see a few FORC jersey out there today. So, if any of you went out and rode. I would like to say GREAT JOB! If you didn't there will be another in the Fall.
    I also wanted to remind everyone to come out to the QCBC club picnic tomorrow and ride. Then join us for lunch at 12 p.m. If the rain holds off we will be doing the first ever QCBC mountain bike ride ,although not fast, at 10 a.m. If the rains let loose will we instead do a path ride. Or, you could go out at 9 a.m. and join the fast or mid paced ride with the roadies. Hope to see everyone out there!
    got bikes, will ride!
    Don Collins

563-340-3476