Thread: New Camelback

Default New Camelback

Looking for a new camelback and not sure where I should pick one up.

Try starting with the bike shop nearest you...

Healthy Habits in Bettendorf
    Bike and Hike in Rock Island
    Jerry and Sparkys in Davenport
    B&B in Geneseo

IIRC, there's a new shop in Silvis but I can't remember their name...
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

If you're getting one, I suggest the MULE. It's just the right size to carry everything you need, and has a 3.0L bladder in those times you need a lot water for an all day ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

also, the Osprey Raptor has been getting amazing reviews - I'm a MULE owner myself but considering replacing it with the Osprey

http://mountain.bike198.com/review-o...aulics-raptor/

+1 for the MULE. Carry tubes, tools, iPod, keys, whatever. A bit big but awesome for a long day.

I'll have to check out that Osprey though.

I have used Camelbaks for forever until I learned about Hydrapaks on my trip to Florida in January. I like the Hydrapak SO much better! The closure system makes it so easy to clean and dry out (you can turn the bladder completely inside out after washing to dry), and the drinking tube is a bit larger for better flow of water. They make a variety of sizes. I have a women's specific one which essentially is just a bit shorter and the chest strap is in a slightly different, more ergonomic place.
    I wanna ride!

damn i wish i would have known about the hydrapak before i replaced my reservoirs for my camelbaks! reminds me of my old ultimate direction hydration pak which was so easy to clean because one end was completely open and you can stick your whole arm inside to clean. then you just roll it up and secure with velco flap. surprisingly never leaked unlike my stupid camelbak! hate that screwtop cap! the new antidote reservoirs are a big improvement though. if you get a camelbak make sure you get a newer model with the antidote reservoir. quarter turn open and closing, quick release for the tube like the hydrapak and the cool thing is you can disconnect the hose with a full bladder and it won't leak!

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    also, the Osprey Raptor has been getting amazing reviews - I'm a MULE owner myself but considering replacing it with the Osprey

imba sells the osprey raptor 10 (with their logo of course)

don't forget the dakine builder pack! hydration pack that carries chainsaw, loppers, fuel bottle, and hammer/axe

like the milkman says, the osprey raptor is an awesome pack. I have the raptor 18 and I love it. the bladder has a rigid back that makes it fit the curve of your back so it is very comfortable and makes it a lot easier to fill over my mule. it also has cool features like a helmet holder and a magnet that keeps the hose and bite valve in it's place. tons of pockets for all your stuff. 3 liter capacity. the 18 is the biggest one they make and has plenty of room for anything you need for an all day ride. took it out to moab last fall and it was comfortable with no other issues. recommend it all the way. check active endeavors, i think that is where i got mine.

That chainsaw is Hella-Bad!! Welcome to the Shore...

Rg.

Quote Originally Posted by konabiker View Post
    don't forget the dakine builder pack! hydration pack that carries chainsaw, loppers, fuel bottle, and hammer/axe
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post

I've actually been planning to replace my MULE this year...glad you're around to do my research for me!

There are a couple things that I hate about my MULE that it looks this pack solves:

1) A full bladder kills my back
    2) Bite valve has always leaked
    3) Bite valve is never in the right spot. If I have to reach for a bite valve, I might as well just carry a water bottle..
    4) Pockets aren't very well laid out for tools
    5) Fabric makes my back feel like it's on fire
    6) If you put ice in the bladder, it sweats like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    I've actually been planning to replace my MULE this year...glad you're around to do my research for me!

There are a couple things that I hate about my MULE that it looks this pack solves:

1) A full bladder kills my back
    2) Bite valve has always leaked
    3) Bite valve is never in the right spot. If I have to reach for a bite valve, I might as well just carry a water bottle..
    4) Pockets aren't very well laid out for tools
    5) Fabric makes my back feel like it's on fire
    6) If you put ice in the bladder, it sweats like crazy
    And apparently the Osprey takes care of all these...

So go ahead and buy it and let me know!

but can it carry an injured dog out of the trails like my kona hydration pack?
    (see rest of pics/vids from spring break trip to arkansas)

^ that's awesome

Camelbak Cloud Walker! I have filled this thing w/ everything from a complete extra set of clothes, food, trail tools, a volleyball, high-top shoes to just water and a tube patch! About 1300 cubic inches of space!
    PS. I think the new ones you guys have mentioned are pretty cool too.
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

my pack is not as big as iluvtechnical LOL but besides carrying my dog, i traveled for a whole week from italy to turkey with my kona hydration pack as my only piece of luggage. rented a mtn bike in the italian alps. it was incredible!

I got some cool new swag from from the race last weekend fuel injector from Zerogoo

They also have power dryers

Last edited by Byke Dood; 05-02-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    Get out and ride !!

Performance Bike has the M.U.L.E. for $41 shipped right now: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/5236...hydration-pack

Get out and ride !!

Quote Originally Posted by Byke Dood View Post
    Wow. That is one disturbing video! I think I saw Sandusky somewhere in there.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes