Thread: Skinnys

Default Skinnys

A buddy and I made some skinnys last weekend; four that are roughtly 9' long by ~8" wide and two that are about 7' long by ~14" wide. I thought that with the new project out at Scott Co they may be useful but I am not exactly sure what is needed out there.

If they are not of use out there, maybe they can be used for a project at one of the other trail systems or for something that may be planned for the Fest. Let me know what you think.

Steve,
    I have a picture of 4 of them but I can't figure out how to attach the image. Can I send you an email with the picture so you can attach it?

Clark

You should be able to upload it to our Photo Gallery, and post it from there: http://www.qcforc.org/gallery/

Last edited by SweetSVT99; 04-19-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Nice!

I've got a place for one at Illiniwek! Do you have a portable mill to cut more wood like that?

JB

It is a pretty simple system that utilizes a chainsaw so the size of log you can cut is dependent on how big your chainsaw is. I think we had a 20" bar and the biggest log we cut had about a 14"-15" diameter, couldn't go much bigger with that size of a saw.

I will see if I can borrow the jig, shouldn't be a problem, and bring it out to Illiniwek on Thursday. If you want me to bring a skinny too, let me know.

Clark

maybe one of those could replace the one after the log pile at SBP. Keep em handy. I'd like to put one at Sylvan, but I don't know if we're allowed to bring in stuff. I need to contact the city about these things to find out.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Put one of those on the island and it wouldn't be long before it becomes fire wood.

JB

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by ELSANTO! View Post
    Put one of those on the island and it wouldn't be long before it becomes fire wood.

JB
    Agreed.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.