Thread: Scott County Park Trail Conditions

Default Scott County Park Trail Conditions

Anyone have any idea when ScoCo will open. My brother was running in the vicinity the other day and said the trails were dry enough to be open. I wondered who decides when the trails are open? I've called the phone to see if the trails were open for the past 2 days and today was the first day I actually was able to find out if they were open. I knew they were closed cuz I figured if they were open somebody would've commented on the forum. It just seems to me they are always the last to open when other trails would be more likely to be wetter than sco co. I don't wish to come off as a complainer because aside from paying my $20 membership and picking up the trails when i'm doing a run I don't do much trail maintenance... so I don't have room to gripe. But I am curious how the process works.

Board Position
    President

The decision is handled by the Rangers on duty. FORC doesn't have any authority when it comes to when they should be open. I truly wish we did. What usually keeps them closed is the horse trails. Our trails I'm guessing have been ridable for days now.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.