Thread: QCBC Club Picnic

Default QCBC Club Picnic

I would like to invite all that are not going to the (IVCA) Matthiessen Mountain Madness
    to come to the QCBC Club Picnic on Sunday May 1, 2011 at Illiniwek Park in Hampton, Ill. Laurel and I will be hosting a Mtn Bike Ride at 10a.m. There will also be 3 oportunities to Ride with the Roadies. A leisure (10-13 mph), mid-paced (15-18 mph), and fast-paced (18-23 mph) ride will be offered at
    9a.m. Lunch will be served at Noon. All we ask is to bring a side dish to pass and join in the fun!
    got bikes, will ride!
    Don Collins

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

563-340-3476

This sounds like a blast! Almost swaying me to miss Matthiessen's race and enjoy what sounds like a fun day in Hampton -- I could road bike for an hour, then mtn bike, then picnic. WOW! Thanks Don for putting this together!
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I was thinking the same thing Bexter! It is close to my parents and maybe I can get them on a mountain bike. I am adding this to my calendar.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Hard to believe, but our Annual Spring Picnic is just around the corner. Mark your calendars for May 1 at Illiniwek Park, Hampton, Illinois.

We'll have a Fast Paced ride and a Mid Paced ride starting at 9am. And to spice things up, we are inaugurating a Mountain Bike Ride (trails permitting) starting at 10am!

Hy-Vee will serve burgers, chicken breast, brats, veggie burgers and drinks. Please bring a dish to share. Lunch starts at noon sharp. The event is free. Invite a friend to attend and to join the club. Be there!
    got bikes, will ride!
    Don Collins

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

563-340-3476

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I plan to attend. I will probably do the mid paced ride before lunch. After lunch if the trails our open will ride those as well. Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I plan to attend provided it's dry on Sunday (which it is supposed to be) and I too will be in the mid-paced group. This looks like a really fun time and thanks for putting the invitation out there!
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I was planning on it, however I have to wait until May 10th to have my jaw unwired. Since I can't breath or eat, I will probably opt to get some minor projects done. I hope everyone has a great time, and I encourage everyone to go enjoy the commeraderie!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

May 10th is my birthday. For my birthday I get a Ray that can talk! Do you happen to have the receipt for that gift? Good to see you are recovering quickly.

Rain, rain go away! I want to ride Illiniwek!
    got bikes, will ride!
    Don Collins

563-340-3476

I'm gonna try and make it. Going to the Deftones concert in Chicago Saturday night so I'll see what shape I'm in haha. Was gonna do the Century instead of the concert but will it / won't it rain scared me off. Might do the rider's choice ride Saturday morning instead. Anyone doing that?

-Gringo

The trails are open! So unless it rains tonight we can ride tomorrow!
    JB

Sweet! We will be out to the Illiniwek Shelter and ready to ride at 10 a.m. Well ,at least, we'll be there, just finished the Tailwind 100. Rehydrate, recover and then ride again is my plan.
    So, if it the rain holds off come out and ride and then eat with us at 12 p.m. If the rains dampen our plans it will not dampen our spirits! We will instead do a leisure paced ride on the bike path.
    Something like a 45min out and back. However, you could go out at 9 a.m. and join the fast or mid paced rides. Hope to see ya there!
    got bikes, will ride!
    Don Collins

563-340-3476

Thanks to all who came out for the ride and picnic. Hope you had fun!
    got bikes, will ride!
    Don Collins

563-340-3476