Thread: What bike to get?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by gfarb View Post
    Thanks for all the input it really has helped. I went out yesterday and looked at bikes again. I have decided to just go with a HT, but now have to pick between a 26 or 29er. Took a 08 GF Cobia at Trek for a spin and it felt really good but left me wondering with the bigger dia tires how would the maneuverability be like on the trails. What are your thoughts? I know a few of you have offered to go out with me and let me try one of your bikes and would like to take you up on that. This would give me a change to try some different bikes out on the trails and meet some fellow bikers. PM me with a date and time that will work for you and I will see if I can coordinate that time away from the family.

Thanks, Greg
    You're right, maneuverability is sacrificed slightly on the 29er. I do stress, SLIGHTLY. Like Bexter said, I feel smoother on my 29er, which equates to more confidence. As others have offered, you are welcome to ride any of my bikes as well. If you want to ride every different bike known to man though, get with AG! I suggest you bribe him with a 6-pack of something dark

Board Position
    President

Greg, Come on over put the 6er in the fridge.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Greg, to be ultra cool, you'e going to need to add riding the lime geren Redline Monocog 29er to the list.... if you're Ok test riding a chick's bike.
    I wanna ride!

4. Default

I just got a Cobia 29 and love it. I was surprised at how agile it is. I feel that I can do everything on it that I could do on my 26" GF. It also has just the right amount of component upgrade vs cost. I only have 6 hours on it and 3 of those were at Fleck's but it really does feel good.

You won't regret the 29er.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

greg- check your messages...

Scotty
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

Another consideration is your height. If you are taller, go 29er for sure. If you're in the middle buy what feels best. If you are vertically challenged, go 26er. I'm 6'3" and I am much more comfortable on my 29er.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well I was out and about today and stopped by Trek store and end up buying their 08 Cobia, got a good deal. I'm pretty stoked and cant wait to hit the trails with it. How are the trails at Sylvan? Im assuming that Scott County and Sunderbruch are still closed.