Thread: This week's NCLB rides may be fubarred due to rain -- stay tuned

Default This week's NCLB rides may be fubarred due to rain -- stay tuned

NCLBLogo200..gif

Hi all! I hope you had a good weekend. The gameplan was for us to ride Sunderbruch Park this Wednesday and Thursday, but the rain yesterday and today has resulted in closed trails at Sunderbruch. Given how wet it is, no way will any trails be open by tomorrow and highly doubtful by Thursday -- including Sylvan Island.

Let's play it by ear and see what the weather does tonight and tomorrow morning. Maybe we can salvage a ride and meet at Sylvan Island tomorrow night if the rains stops fairly soon today (talk about optimistic thinking). I imagine you are bored with Sylvan as am I, but it's the best we can do in a pinch without other trails open. I will post-up yay or nay on Wednesday mid-day.

Don't forget our Facebook event page! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/e...00715290016270
    I wanna ride!

Sigh. The trails are too wet. Let's meet for dinner instead! La Flama in Moline at 6 PM.
    I wanna ride!

Hello! Well, this is sure getting frustrating! I stopped down at Sylvan Island this morning to check on conditions, and it's still wet enough that we'd need some serious bike-cleaning once done and cleaning Sylvan sludge off a bike is NOT a fun job. So, no session tonight. I say that with a heavy heart... cause it means I don't get to see y'all (and will have to go to the gym instead)!

Let's play it by ear for next week as far as where we will be meeting (hopefully the trails will dry out), which incidentally is our last official week. I REALLY want to get you to Sunderbruch Park (and Scott County Park), but even if we get rained out next week, we have all summer. There has also been discussion about our group meetnig once every other week to ride, so stay tuned to this thread for ride posts. AND, Lindey Bradley from Trek said that sometime this summer, she will bring her trailer of women's specific Trek bikes for us to demo at one of the local trail systems. I will keep you in the loop about that as well.

So, until next week! Happy Easter!
    I wanna ride!