NCLBLogo200..gif

Ladies, last night's ride was A-A-Amazing!!!!! Beautiful weather, excellent turnout, lots of accomplishments. We even had a 10 year old young lady join us and she was pretty terrific! This has been such a fun experience!

Tonight's forecast looks so-so... TODAY: Mostly cloudy and windy. High 60°. Wind E 15-25mph & gusty. TONIGHT: Cloudy. Some sprinkles possible. Low 46°. The only thing that would hold us back is rain, so we should be good to go tonight. We can deal with a few sprinkles! I do have a hair trim at 4:30, so I will be rolling into the Sylvan Island parking lot fairly close to 5:30 tonight. Never fear, I will be there!

What we learned last night:
  • Changing a rear flat tire
  • Shifting your weight back on the bike -- going down hills and to make the front end lighter to more easily lift up over obstacles
  • Using momentum to your advantage -- over rough stuff and up hills (you all did very well on the gnarly roots)
We also reviewed from last week:
  • Using both brakes (feathering them, a bit more rear than front brake)
  • Finding the right gear for you so that you're not spinning too fast in an overly easy gear, or that you're barely getting the pedals around because it's to diffcult a gear
  • Pedal positioning -- over rough stuff (pedals level), around corners (inside pedal UP, and outside pedal down and pushing down to get wheels to grip as you corner), etc.
  • Getting up off seat when going over gnarly stuff -- you have more control over your bike when off the saddle
  • Lifting the front wheel up over obstacles (like roots, rocks and logs)
Hope to see you tonight! If not, there is always next week! If the trails are dry enough (we have several days of rain coming), I want to meet at Sunderbruch Park in Davenport next week (check the "Our Trails" section on our website if you're not sure where Sunderbruch is). Stay tuned about next weeks game plan! Can't wait!!

The group from last night (you ladies ROCK):
NCLB 2.2011-04-13 1&.jpg