Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray Ray's Update

Default Ray Ray's Update

As many of you have already know that Ray Ray and Russ had a headon crashed last night while working and testing out the new reroute at Sylvan. I hope Russ is okay.

Ray Ray's jaw is broken in two different places and he lost a tooth (Thank goodness it's NOT the front one).
    He's going in for jaw surgery today at 2:00 to have it wire shut.
    He'll be on liquid diet for 2 weeks!

Thanks everyone for thinking of him:-)
    Appreciate it FORCers!
    Last edited by Poofy; 04-06-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    "DOES THIS BIKE MAKE MY ASS LOOK FAST?"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

how is the reroute :P (if you cant laugh about it, it will hurt more)

But really, that sucks and I hope you two dont have lasting effects from this. sounds bad.

What a bummer. Wishing Ray a speedy recovery.
    I wanna ride!

There is a reason beer is called "bread in a bottle"...

Get well soon guys!

My flying saucer seems safer...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing to see here.
    I do not exist.

That really, really sucks. Of all the things that could take Ray down who knew it would be another FORC'er... and that it wasn't ME! I hope both of you get well soon.

I would be willing to bet a wired-shut jaw still won't keep him off his bike this weekend!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    That really, really sucks. Of all the things that could take Ray down who knew it would be another FORC'er... and that it wasn't ME! I hope both of you get well soon.
    Hey what could be better than liquid diet? Get well soon Ray!

JB

Get well soon Ray!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope to see you two down at the Island this weekend.
    Becky
    AKA.. SASS

Quote Originally Posted by Poofy View Post
    (Thank goodness it's NOT the front one).
    Still, it's a major bummer he lost his other tooth...

One word - Cuisinart!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

11. Default

OUCH Ray!! Hope you and Russ are both ok!

I think I'm ok. last thing I remeber after coming over the hill is looking Ray in the eyes from about two feet away. His were the size of frisbees and mine probably were too. When I woke up, I was already sitting up saying "my nuts hurt" anything before that had no brain activity connected to it. Someone said my helmet flew off. Wish it was on video. That would be crazy to watch.

Glad your relatively ok Ray. How's the bike. My front wheel is tweaked all around with several bent spokes. No other damage to the bike.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Great to hear that you are okay Russ.

Video would have been great. Crazy to watch but cool!!
    Becky
    AKA.. SASS

14. Default

OMG, that sucks Hoping for a speedy recovery................... :)

All the best you guys. Get well soon, Ray.

so now that most have offered up their condolences, I'll be *that* guy to ask the burning question:

are the bikes ok?

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Ray and Russ, what they all said - wishing you the best!

Ray glad to hear all your important parts are still intact and only jaw wiring and dental surgery are necessary. Here's to your speedy recovery

Russ, I'm sorry to hear about your wheel. When I heard everyone was still alive I was sad for your bike because I have secretly had a crush on it since last year. Take care!

Anna

Surgery went well! Took about 20 minutes.
    He's home now resting, a little drugge up (imagine that!)
    Dr. said 4-6 weeks recovery.

Yes, believe it or not, the bike is fine:-)

Thanks again everyone!
    "DOES THIS BIKE MAKE MY ASS LOOK FAST?"

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

This is Momma Joan....Ray Ray....just so you know... YES I DID cry last night! I couldn't sleep thinking about what happened and what could have happened. Thank God you and Russ are OK. You are OK aren't you Russ??? If you need me to make you ANYTHING let me know! I wonder how FORC bars would taste blended up with some beer???
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

I have secretly had a crush on it since last year.
    ooooh...it was the bike you were looking at.
    You are OK aren't you Russ???
    I'm good. Thanks. Just a little whiplash and some minor bruising. I probably lost a few more brain cells though. Damn, I need those last remaining few.
    Ray is one tough son of a gun. I'm pretty sure it was my head that broke his jaw, but I'm the one that got knocked out.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Russ and Ray,

Hope to see both of you still in one piece at the race this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Poofy View Post
    He'll be on liquid diet for 2 weeks!
    beer diet?

get well y'all

sylvan island stampede featuring hotwheels crisscross crash course...ouch!
    have you seen the new hotwheels with built-in vid cam? almost as cool as my video girl barbie with camera in chest

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Sincerely- Thanks to you all for the support and kind words. I had heard of people getting hurt running into each other and must admit, I didn't see how it could be that bad- Trees and Rocks hurt, people are soft. (For the record, Russ is not soft. I think I broke my jaw on his bicep. He's been working out again.)

The crash was a real fluke- brand new trail, we both waited a bit to see if anyone else was coming the other way over the hill, both of us looking down at the loose soil and rocks to maintain our lines and moving VERY FAST, me trying to get back up the hill and Russ coming down it. I heard Forcmeister say "Oh F***!", I looked up and it was over.

After the crash, the FORCers on site were very supportive and professional. My mouth kept filling up with blood so I was spitting it out repeatedly, and Russ was saying he was seeing double and his boys were in severe pain. The FORCers took their time untangling us, letting us lay in a "comfortable" heap checking ourselves out before helping us up. After I decided to go to the hospital Neips followed me out, Paul Struck went to find Poofy. You guys did a great job staying calm and assessing the situation.

Funny thing- After the crash I had a gap between 2 teeth on the lower right side that looked like a tooth was missing. I mean, I pulled my lip down and showed the guys- it looked like the tooth was gone and we even looked for it on the ground and accused Russ of swallowing it!! HA! The funny part is that NO TEETH were missing. The gap is where the jaw was broken and it had seperated about 3/8ths of an inch, making it look like a tooth was gone! After surgery I was feeling it with my tongue and I couldn't believe the tooth was back! Turns out it was there all along!

Russ, I'm very glad to hear you are ok and just got your bell rung. My jaw will heal and it's not a lifetime injury so we're both stronger and wiser, although I think I'll skip this class next time. My bike is fine, Sorry to hear we bent your wheel, Russ. Hope it pulls back ok.

Again, thanks to everyone, you FORCers are a great group. I'm proud to be one of you.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

This is going to be a new experience for a LOT of us... Ray's jaw is wired shut. Hee hee.
    I wanna ride!