Thread: Suggestions on New Fork

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default Suggestions on New Fork

Well if you were following my other thread I decided not to rebuild my Rock Shox SID SL. So now I am looking for a new/used fork. I am open to spending $200-$400 which I know will not get my back into the same category, but I am betting better performance, as mine was really shot!

So if you have ideas let me know what, and where to look. Maybe there is even a good one attached to a complete bike for $600!

Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ew, that is a sweet fork at a killer price but if you were considering buying it, don't, unless your bike has a straight bore 44mm zero stack head tube (which some Giants have). it has a tapered steerer tube and wont work with your bike unless you have that head tube and get a specific headset made for that application. given your value oriented ways i would advise you to go a different route because you will have to buy a headset as well. just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Neiprider View Post
    ew, that is a sweet fork at a killer price but if you were considering buying it, don't, unless your bike has a straight bore 44mm zero stack head tube (which some Giants have). it has a tapered steerer tube and wont work with your bike unless you have that head tube and get a specific headset made for that application. given your value oriented ways i would advise you to go a different route because you will have to buy a headset as well. just sayin'
    Good call... I saw the tapered steerer, but guess I didn't think about that aspect.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Well I guess I will skip a few races and start buying Busch Lite to finance a new $400 fork. Now which to buy. Anyone have specific feedback on these or suggestions of other models? Anything priced higher than $409.98 will not be considered no matter how good a deal!!!

Reba Race DualAir MC PushLoc from Colorado Cyclist $399

http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...rk-OE-2010.htm $409

http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...rk-OE-2010.htm $399

Thanks!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Board Position
    President

Really.................
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I made a decision!!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    I made a decision!!
    And what exactly would that be?

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I convinced Ryan Cannady to sell me his Giant NRS he no longer rides.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I was looking at this as a possible fork but of course went in another direction thought someone else might be interested. Only a couple hours left on the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:1123

He emailed me the invoice that looks legit. I could not figure out how to post the PDF here.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Pouring a beer on the ground for my NRS this weekend. It was good while it lasted, old friend.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Can I bring you one extra, say a Busch Lite, to pour on the ground?
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Pouring a beer on the ground for my NRS this weekend. It was good while it lasted, old friend.
    Whatever, butthole, you suck. You never ride me. And EP is faster than you. If you can't beat 'em join 'em. Have fun on your POS Homegrown and that novelty Slingshot. I was the only legit bike in your stable, dumbass.

Signed,
    The bike formally known as Cannady's NRS
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by dirt View Post
    whatever, butthole, you suck. You never ride me. And ep is faster than you. If you can't beat 'em join 'em. Have fun on your pos homegrown and that novelty slingshot. I was the only legit bike in your stable, dumbass.

Signed,
    the bike formally known as cannady's nrs
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Wait...I thought Fester was the only inanimate object on this forum?!