SHORT VERSION- the doods planning weirdness at Novice races isn't Kyle and his 2 buds. I don't mean- they're cool so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and post it isn't them, I mean- the reason most of the info was wrong is because they are not the doods who were being described, period, don't doubt it for a second.

LONG VERSION- 3 doods at the gas station are talking to me about MTBing- you know how it is when it comes up, everybodies got a story and a bike in the garage. So after a couple of stories, one says we know some guys who are going to race this year and they tell me a lot of stuff that I couldn't believe, so I posted a short version calling these doods out. Here's the rest of the story...

They tell me about 4 doods (FOUR) who are going to use their ROAD RACING, TRI and CRITERIUM experience to get sponsors and their gonna run Novice so they can tell the sponsors they win and get better stuff. They've been researching MTB tactics online. They were adamant about the roadie part because one of them doesn't even have an MTBike yet. He's the fast one, gonna get himself a bike, let the other 3 draft him at the start and in the straights. The other 3 will run block in the woods cause the lead dood ain't that fast there.

I was told they're planning to fan out 4 wide in the open spots pretending like they're trying to pass, but really just blocking. The last rider in the group is gonna slow to a crawl at the top of the steep inclines so the riders behind won't make it up and they'll have to jump off and push. This group of 4 was apparently pretty happy with themselves and said "MTBers won't know what to think when WE show up." One guy thought one or two of the doods had done some sport, but didn't know if they had raced around here, the other dood said he thought mostly south of here.

When I posted up a short version of this calling these doods out- Kyle saw the sponsor part, and since he's asked around about whether to ride sport or novice this year (Like we all did when we were starting to race) and looked into some sponsors cause he knows about that from carting and quads and stuff, he thought I was describing him and a couple of his buds.

He posted up defending his group, called me out in return, told me most of the info is dead wrong, and stated he wouldn't hold FORC accountable for my dirty words. Frankly- a pretty dang good response.

HOWEVER, the reason most of the info didn't fit is because IT IS NOT Kyle and his BUDS.

I'd really like this subject to die now because it's turned into a friggin mess, but I don't want half of FORC thinking Kyle and his buds were really planning this till I called them out and the other half of FORC thinking I blamed some pretty cool doods of some pretty uncool stuff. The answer is neither and you can HAVE NO DOUBT of it.

Is the other team still planning this stoopid crap? You know about as much as I do now, so decide for yourself. I'm done with this subject.

I'd still like to buy Kyle, Paul and Alex a beer so we can laugh at this mess and continue to ride, build and have a good time together. If you guys read this and can make to Sylvan tonight- maybe we can shoot to bents after?