Thread: WPSP Wilderness WakeUp MTB race

Default WPSP Wilderness WakeUp MTB race

Can someone get some info on this race....the rain or shine mention at the club meeting, plus the chance to RIDE..makes this a sunday destination..

Last edited by BD83; 03-12-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Hi FORCers........Betsy Silzer here! I am actually the Race Director for the Wilderness Wake Up. I tried to post our race flyer on your site but can't seem to get around your site very well. I can however, direct you to PAMBA's website. There is lots of discussion about the race on PAMBA's forum under "Other Midwest Races" and in the Area Trails section under the "Wildlife Prairie Park" topic. Hopefully, this will be the next best thing to the flyer..............
    http://www.pambamtb.org/phpBB3/viewt...hp?f=17&t=2192

Also check out the Lodging thread: http://www.pambamtb.org/phpBB3/viewt...hp?f=17&t=2299
    Last edited by drill; 03-17-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Forecast calls for sunny but a bit chilly. The race course is packed and ready to roll!

Just wanted you all to know that we have a heated pavilion for registration and the free post-race lunch. We will also have bon fires both at the pavilion and at the National Mountain Bike Patrol tent near the finish. Put on your gloves & booties and come on down to Peoria for a great time! Don't forget a change of clothes so you can stay around after the race and explore the rest of Wildlife Prairie State Park!

Is anyone going to head down to this race? There's a seatpost that I bought a while back down there, would be awesome if someone heading down could grab it for me. I may even buy you a beer.

I got it Steve, with the cost of gas how about two beers?

JB

Nice thanks man! 2 beers it is!

Thanks, John, AND Steve! Good to see you again, John. Steve, we're planning to attend the MWMBF, so maybe we'll meet you there!

Russ
    Music isn't a hard life, it's just weird. Coal mining is hard.

Minus the sloppy parts these trails are great! can't wait to get down there and ride again sometime in the future! lovvvvvve the rocks!
    Pain is temporary. Quitting last forever