Thread: Stampede and flooding?

Default Stampede and flooding?

I'm wondering what are the chances of the Stampede being postponed due to flooding?

I'm thinking of coming down from Wisconsin to give that race a try. We've got lots of water up here and a lot of the land next to the river is underwater.

Thanks!

We thought there was a high risk to that this year, but the cool weather has kept the river peak lower than expected so we are very confident the race will go off on the 10th as scheduled. The river is currently right at it's max predicted level and we can still get in a full course. The extended weather forecast is predicting a decent weekend. C'mon down!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

I rode Sylvan yesterday and it was in great shape! Hopefully Mother Nature will allow sunshine to shine upon us on Sunday versus rain (though, the island is very resilient to rain and the race will happen rain or shine). Come on down!!
    I wanna ride!

Im keepin a close eye on the weather channel.. Currently its says 60% Scttrd T-Storms and 68 for Sunday.. Not that it matters. I like it a little sloppy!!
    Its not how many years in your life, but how much LIFE in your years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mando316 View Post
    Im keepin a close eye on the weather channel.. Currently its says 60% Scttrd T-Storms and 68 for Sunday.. Not that it matters. I like it a little sloppy!!
    Did you ride the Decorah Time Trials in 2009? Wheels wouldn't even turn there was so much mud!

OK, I'll plan on being there. Thanks for the info. This should be fun, I've never ridden Sylvan Island.

Quote Originally Posted by GMitchel View Post
    Did you ride the Decorah Time Trials in 2009? Wheels wouldn't even turn there was so much mud!

OK, I'll plan on being there. Thanks for the info. This should be fun, I've never ridden Sylvan Island.

You will love Sylvan..its a different kind of trail.. Mud doesnt cake the way it does on some trails because the dirt isnt very deep.. under the surface there is a foundation on chunky gravel and broken concrete from the factory that used to be there eons ago.. It can get slick and sloppy but it wont get too deep.
    Its not how many years in your life, but how much LIFE in your years!!