Thread: March 14th 2011 - Illiniwek Trail Status

Default March 14th 2011 - Illiniwek Trail Status

Any update on the trails, open or closed. If closed is there any specific debris that needs removed or anything else that can be done to help out?

Thanks,

J-rod

At this time the trails are closed, if the weather stays dry maybe in two or three weeks they could be ridable. Keep your eye on this forum for up coming traildays.

JB

Glad to see Illiniwek is posted on the main page for being open/closed. Just curious how the call is made to determine this and who does it? Is there someone with an 'official' responsibility to go out and inspect or is it more ad hoc? I live pretty close to the trails and so end up going there to ride more often than the other trail locations. If you're looking for someone to contribute to trail condition reporting I'd be happy to let whoever know the condition whenever I'm out that way.

Honestcox,
    Were do you live? My house is right across the road from the park and I'm the one resonsible for opening and closing the trail. We are working with the parks people to get a sign that will give trail status, and hope to have that in soon. I you live so close don't forget we are doing trail work this morning and would love to have your help.

JB

You live much closer than me - I live in LeClaire. I helped one day last fall on trail building - a fun experience! Couldn't make it this morning but will try to get out there later this spring to help out more. Might try to ride out there this afternoon if time allows.