Jonas Winn is a local cyclist who is trying to raise money for a charity similar to Habitat for Humanity called Fuller Center for Housing. He is going to ride his TALL BIKE (a double-decker bicycle) 3,600 miles and his goal is to raise $3,600 before he leaves for this trip in June. You got an extra $5, 10 or 20 to donate? Check out his blog for more information: www.teamtallbike.com. He was asking for $36 from people hoping that 100 people would contribute.

His email to FORC:

My name is jonas winn, you may know me as i have worked as a mechanic for Jeff (trek store) and Bruce (health habits) over the last couple years. I'm a local cyclist from moline, I bicycle commute to Davenport for work in fair weather conditions, I ride local MTB single track, I play Bike Polo locally. In fair weather, I lead a weekly bike ride made up of around 20 single speed, fixed gear, and misc. riders. Amongst other things, I ride a Homemade Tall Bike. This summer I will be doing a cross country ride from Seattle WA. to Washington D.C. entirely on my tall bike! I am doing the 3600mile ride to raise money for a charity called Fuller Center for Housing. The Fuller Center is a Habitat for Humanity type not-for-profit that seeks out to end poverty housing (fullercenter.org). I'm riding the crosscountry trip with 15 other "normal" bike riders and have personally made a committed fundraising goal of $3600 that I'm raising before the trip starts in June. Along with contacting a national bicycling magazine, I have been in contact with the Guinness Book of World Records attempting to make a entry for the longest "tall bike" trip ever taken. The ball is really starting to roll as far as tying up loose ends for the trip, but there is a bit to be had in the fundraising department. I'm quite excited to do the trip and donate to such a worth cause. Much Thanks, Jonas Winn

You can check out my blog for the trip at www.teamtallbike.com