Thread: Patrol/Ambassador Class March 1st!!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Patrol/Ambassador Class March 1st!!

Beginning at 12:00 noon, at the Front Street Brewery, 208 East River Drive, Davenport, IA in the lower meeting room. There will be no fee for this class, food and drinks are available at your own expense.

All materials except a writing utensil will be provided. We will cover Patrol and Ambassador responsibilities, situations and trail repairs, AND we will cover the test material!!! Expect the class to last 3 hours.

Anyone who wishes to attend for Patrol or Ambassadorship is welcome.
    Please let me know you are coming so I can prepare an appropriate amount of materials at 309-737-4762- Vibrato
    Last edited by Vibrato; 02-24-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I will be there.

Bex
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I will be there.

count me in too.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

I will be there.

Default training

Carol & I will be there. Thanks for mentoring the minions.
    Dave

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Scott County Park

:banana::banana:

Hi Ray,

I plan on coming, but might be late. I will be driving from Des Moines that morning. Hopefully we will not run into bad weather or an accident. I will call you if I am running real late.

Brad

ray, working today, got your message will try and call you sometime today. in case you see this first,

GUSTAFSON would be my last name. has nothing to do with a b, huh.

There.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

I'll be there Ray.

FM

Hats off to Ray, FORC's local chapter of the National Mtn Bike Patrol and Scott Schanufer for putting on a really good NMBP and Trail Ambassador training today. Good presentation, awesome certificates! We appreciate your effort! Thanks to all! Nice job!
    I wanna ride!

ok, got everything done cept the online test. not sure if i'm in the right place but the link i followed didn't work. should be getting kit soon and jersey will be on order this week.

Default This club ROCKS!!!

I wanna give a HUGE THANK YOU To the following people for stepping up to the task of promoting, educating and assisting trail users in our parks!!! Building and maintaining trails are very important to our land managers, helping to be their eyes and ears and showing continued support for the trail users after the trails are built will help keep them open to us!!

By completeing the class on Sunday, they can now register and be a part of the Mountain Bike Patrol, either as Patrollers or Ambassadors!! These guys and gals are spending their personal time, money and effort to help insure everyone else continues to have great places to ride locally- You see'em, Let'em know how cool that is!!

No particular order:
    Eric Perry
    Anne Tunney
    Roger Wollenzier
    Aaron Mielke
    Nate Collier
    Dave Brown
    Carol Brown
    Mike Frasier
    Becky Bernard
    Andy Gustafson
    Scott Schnaufer
    Aaron Griesenbeck
    Brad Merrick
    Rick Wren

Add this to Hot Johnny, Scott Schaar and Myself and this clubs got resources baby!! We can DOOO stuff- cause we got people. People who do things. People who get things done! U need things done- we can roll it in!!:burnout:

For those registering on IMBA- the drop down box that shows all of the NMBP affiliates, and asks you to click on the one you're with has us listed as QCFORC. (It's in alphabetical order, so if your looking under FORC, you might miss it)

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Default Hats off to Ray

Thanks Ray for putting on a great seminar. I just wish all my seminars for work involved biking and beverages. As far as what we send in to IMBA;

for patrollers:
    membership form
    copy of first aid cert
    copy of CPR cert
    copy of sunday's training cert
    money

for ambassadors:
    membership form
    copy of sunday's training cert
    money

am I forgetting anything?

I think that covers it. (Other than jersey's, bike plates and stickers!)

I talked to Spencer Powlinson (IMBA Fields Programs Coordinator) today and the they're having trouble with the test site, the tests are currently down. he says to go ahead and send your stuff in- you can take the test when it comes back up, and he has a list of all class participants names.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

do you have an address where to send info to? i paid through the internet, do i still need membership application info to send in with my certificate copy?

For ambassadors, I believe you just do it over hte internet and can pay the same way or send a check in, for Patrol, you have to send in the application with a copy of the 1st aid/cpr cert attached.

Sounds like as an ambassador you should be all set!:
    banana: