Thread: new patrollers

Default new patrollers

Is it possible that we have a IMBA NMBP certification class some time in February so I can avoid redundant IMBA fees, and so I can order my jersey and be official for the stampede? I know we had a few others interested in the patrol last year, and maybe a set date will encourage people to step up. Thx!!

-HW

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I've still got all the stuff to do a class, but I haven't sat through the patroller instructor class that IMBA put out since then, so I don't know if they'd let me do another one.

Before I get ahold of Spencer to ask, Did anyone else sit through the instructor class? Aaand do you wanna take on doing a patroller/ambassador class?

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Yep, I was trained last year, have the latest goods. Plan to put one on later this month, early March-ish. Holywood, Russhole, Scotty as new recruits (make sure to get your CPR/First Aid training scheduled/completed).

ps. Spencer is no longer with IMBA. Katherine Fuller is the new Field Programs Coordinator.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

I plan on taking the March 10th adult cpr/aed class(unless I can locate a class sooner), still current on my first aid. So however that works out for the IMBA class is however it works out. I think mid march is going to cut it close for we new patrollers to be in effect for the Stampede. So those interested in being a patroller by race day may consider getting the medical requirements taken care of soon. Would you not agree Rage?

-HW

Quote Originally Posted by Home Grown Turtle View Post
    So those interested in being a patroller by race day may consider getting the medical requirements taken care of soon. Would you not agree Rage?
    Fo Sho!!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

I'd be interested in this. The card in my wallet from 1999 says I'm still good on CPR until December 2011. From there just lemme know what I need to do. I'd love to finally get the chance to get this on my resume.

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    I'd be interested in this. The card in my wallet from 1999 says I'm still good on CPR until December 2011. From there just lemme know what I need to do. I'd love to finally get the chance to get this on my resume.
    Cool, I'll give you a shout. Hope the have the class in the next coupla weeks. You gotta take the class; have current CPR and First Aid certification; know bike repair in the woods; pass a written test; and don't be a hater.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.