Thread: pulling garlic mustard at SB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default pulling garlic mustard at SB

this article was in Monday's QCTimes-is anyone interested?

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2009...b716900526.txt

That's interesting. I've got it on the calendar. I see there is a hogdog / s'mores picnic at Black Hawk State Park, but perhaps we consider doing the garlic mustard plant pull followed by a ride (if the ground is viable) and cookout of our own in the SBP parking lot (weather permitting).
    I wanna ride!

Fantastic idea! Team FORC is going to win this garlic mustard pulling competition!

I like the comments...especially the one about how the whole area should just be TORCHED.

I bet he hasn't got off the couch in years...

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

I have scheduled a "Make It Yours" cleanup for that day at Sunderbruch..We can pick up trash while we are pulling garlic mustard and fulfill one of our two cleanup commitments. Hot dogs and cool malt beverages after...... sounds like a plan to me.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now that we have the Stampede under our belts, time to look forward to our next event... the Garlic Mustard Challenge, Saturday, April 25, 2009. Because many of us have a wedding reception to attend the evening of April 25th, there will not be an official cook out as originally discussed. Here's the game plan:

Meet at Sunderbruch Park at 8:45 AM and plan to be on the trails by 9 AM pulling the Garlic Mustard. Bring large garbage bags to bag the Garlic Mustard. The bagged Garlic Mustard weeds will be picked up by the city and taken to the landfill. The Garlic Mustard pull will be 3 hours long from 9 AM - Noon and a bike ride will follow. A little work each year aimed toward erradicating these invasive plants is better than no effort! Hope to see you Saturday!
    I wanna ride!

Default Sat SBP Garlic Mustard Pull

Davenport Parks called and was requesting a guess as to how many FORCER's would be there Sat morning. If you know you can make it, post up here by noon Wed.

Thanks,

Mark

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

Karen and I are in.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.