Thread: 24/9? NO, It's the Wausau24!

Exclamation 24/9? NO, It's the Wausau24!

What happened to the Granny Gear 24/9?

.....who cares!

All I know is, the 24 hour race at 9 Mile is alive and kicking...check it:

http://www.wausau24.com/

who's in?

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Wow, they have a 6 hour race. I did the 3 hour endurance race at Kettle with Gunchie and Neips two years ago and that seemed brutal to me! Hmmm.... Wausau in July, with FORCers, some sort of racing, camping, grilling out... I'm listening. I'd be interested in perhaps a co-ed deal. Of course, my fitness level as of late is pretty awful. Might have to do something about that!
    I wanna ride!

The price is pretty responsible too. I hope Granny Gear goes under for good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Wow, the price is VERY reasonable- I had to pay 300.00+ to do the 24 hour solo in "09, this year it's 1/3rd of that. The teams riders are a lot cheaper, too. Death to Granny Gear!

Unfortunately- I will be doing the Toughmudder the weekend before this, and then I'll be heading someplace romantic with a hot asain chick, July 27th will mark 15 years of marriage for us. Man- Time flies when you having fun!!

Curious if anyone is interested in the 24 hours of 7 oaks? September 10/11, I think. Doubt I'll be doing it solo. Although...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Mielke #2 is due about 3 weeks before this event, but that doesn't mean I can't/won't be there!

In '09 me, Gunch, Krud, Steve, and Ann were on a team...was probably one of the best events and experiences I've had on a mountain bike. I would love to do it again.

Who's interested?

Man, I'd like to be part of a team, but two weeks before that, I'll be in Brown County riding for 5 days and the following weekend is Gunchie's wedding and will be out of town for that as well. Hmmm.... Like Mielke's expeirence, I echo his sentiments. Being part of a team was really an amazing experience. Schnaufer and I did a 12 hour duo. I'd actually encourage people to do the 24 hour race because while you ride the same amount of distance as a 12 hour duo, you get more time in between. I was having a hard time with food digesting and limited recuperation time. While we placed something like 4,056, we were the FIRST co-ed team of the 12 hour duo teams! Everyone ahead of us were men-only.
    I wanna ride!

i am contemplating, would do a team event i believe. timing and a sitter are what stand in my way. with the wife working weekend evenings, it makes it a little harder to "get away" for the weekend. if she wern't working, no problem I'd bring her with. I'd love to make this event.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

I'd really love to do this again too. Something tells me the fiance would kill me if I did though... but that's not a no. Definitely interested.

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    Something tells me the fiance would kill me if I did though... but that's not a no.
    Meow.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

Bexter's right on the team thing. It was all go and really messed up no go in the 12 hour duo. I'm glad I did it, but i'd do it different next time. however, my child is due shortly after this race. Not sure how my summer will go right now.
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

11. Default

Just an FYI, there are a few of us PAMBA-ite's planning to make the trip to Wausau this year - may be some opportunity for some cross-club teams if anyone is interested.

I'd love to be on a team, but I don't exist and I glow in the dark. It's a really bad combination.

Nothing to see here.
    I do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fester View Post
    I'd love to be on a team, but I don't exist and I glow in the dark. It's a really bad combination.
    If you glow in the dark then you would be perfect for a 24 hour race. Save a ton on bike lights, and scare the competition away!

Anyway, I think I may be able to make this race. Anyone interested in doing a 12 hour Duo?

I'm interested in a 4-5 man team, co-ed most likely. I know Iowa City Ann has a ton of interest in this event...who else is in?

Team 1 (name to be determined) is complete: Bexter, Hollywood, Steve-O, Krud, and Mielke.

Team 2 is in the works....

Team 3...??

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I might be interested. Gonna wait and see what the Ragbrai route looks like as I keep saying I want to do part of that ride.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

If you glow in the dark then you would be perfect for a 24 hour race. Save a ton on bike lights, and scare the competition away!

Anyway, I think I may be able to make this race. Anyone interested in doing a 12 hour Duo?
    AAUURRGGHH. Not a duo, but its tempting to see if how fast you and I would push each other if we just did the 12 solo and rode together, but my gorgeous wife has laid down the law, and I am a law abiding citizen. Dang- that would have been fun, though!

Say what you want- I wear the pants! when she lets me wear the pants.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    AAUURRGGHH. Not a duo, but its tempting to see if how fast you and I would push each other if we just did the 12 solo and rode together, but my gorgeous wife has laid down the law, and I am a law abiding citizen. Dang- that would have been fun, though!

Say what you want- I wear the pants! when she lets me wear the pants.
    Funny, when I thought of the 12 duo idea you were the first person I though of. I didn't figure you'd want to see an inch more of that coarse though :)

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

alright, now I just have to convince the wife... I want in
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

im gonna step out and say im in, would like to get on a team.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Funny, when I thought of the 12 duo idea you were the first person I though of. I didn't figure you'd want to see an inch more of that coarse though :)
    Lot of truth to that, but I think after 200+ miles in '09, I could do 12 hours standing on my nads.

looks like we're getting close to putting THREE teams together for this event...wow!!!

Is the pricing on the website per person or team? It isn't very clear. Not that I would try the Solo race, but I didn't see that pricing on there?
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

This looks like more fun than running 7 miles. I'm in. Who needs a teamate?
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by iLuvTechnical View Post
    Is the pricing on the website per person or team? It isn't very clear. Not that I would try the Solo race, but I didn't see that pricing on there?
    It is per person.