Thread: Bikes for Joplin, MO Kids

Default Bikes for Joplin, MO Kids

All,

Below is a note from Nick from the Midwest BMX Donation Program in Moline. If you remember, we donated over $100 to his program earlier this year. He is trying to help out the kids in Joplin. Nick is a good guy and he is doing all of this good work out of his garage so please do what you can to help him reach his goal. The best thing is that these kids will ultimately grow up to ride Mountain Bikes!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

HELLO,

MY NAME IS NICK ZIEGLER AND I AM THE FOUNDER OF THE MIDWEST BMX DONATION PROGRAM HERE IN MOLINE IL. A FEW MONTHS AGO I STARTED A BIKE DRIVE OF BOYS AND GIRLS BMX BIKES TO SEND TO THE REDCROSS TO SEND TO CHILDREN IN JOPLIN, MO WHO LOST EVERYTHING. I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO PLEDGE FUNDS OF A NEW BOYS OR GIRLS DEPT STORE BIKE OF ANY SIZE TO SEND TO JOPLIN. WE CURRENTLY HAVE 8 BRAND NEW BIKES TO SEND. MY GOAL WAS 10 NEW BIKES. ID LIKE TO BEAT THE GOAL AND ASKING THE QUADCITIES FOR HELP. MY PROGRAM HAS BOUGHT 5 AND THE OTHERS CAME FROM OTHER QCA SPONSORS.

YOU CAN PLEDGE A NEW BIKE BY GOING TO ANY DEPT STORE AND YOU CAN GET NICE BIKES FOR $60 AND UNDER. I WANTED TO SEND THEM THIS WEEK, BUT MAY HOLD OFF FOR ANOTHER WEEK OR 2 TO SEE IF WE CAN BEAT THE GOAL.
    WE ARE LOOKING FOR BRAND NEW BIKES 16'' AND UP. BOYS AND GIRLS, ANY COLORS, ANY STYLE...

FOR INFO PLEASE CALL

NICK ZIEGLER
    MIDWEST BMX DONATION PROGRAM
    1620 20TH AVE
    MOLINE IL 61265
    563-508-0908

THANK YOU
    Last edited by PAGS; 07-25-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Hi all! At our club membership meeting last night, we discussed this donation request and came up with a few things:

First, we will contact our local law enforcement departments and ask them to donate a few of their better condition abandoned bikes to this project. I have put in a few calls to the Illinois police departments whom I have a rapport with. Ryan Neipert is going to contact DPD. Anyone know anyone at Bettendorf PD or the Scott County Sheriffs Dept.?

Second, thanks to our groovy websmatser, Steve Holland, we now have a paypal donation account set up so that people who want to donate to the bike donation program can do so with very little effort. The kicker is this: Whatever we collect in personal donations will be matched by FORC as well as FORC member Mike Pagniano (up to $100) effectively tripling the cash donation. So, please donate... even if it's $5. You will help to put a smile on a child's face in Joplin, MO. Their worlds were flattened by the tornado and they lost everything. Let's do a little on our part that I think will have a large impact to the kids in Joplin! You know you'll feel good about taking part in this effort. Your donation counts! $5 or $10 from each person will go a long way.

Go to the FORC Homepage to donate: www.qcforc.org
    Last edited by SweetSVT99; 09-13-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    I wanna ride!

I just made a donation and it was super quick and seemless! Swing over to the Home Page, top right, click on the donate link and follow the prompts. Thanks Webmaster Steve-o for setting this up!
    I wanna ride!