bringing this thread back to life one more time.......

i decided on the shimano m161's and have had them for about half the year now. I HATE THEM, and am in search of yet another set of shoes. this is a pain in the arse when none of the local shops are stocking shoes other than shimano (basically), or have to order in your size. the problem here is that once you order a pair, most shops want a commital. im looking for a place that i can go to try on LAKE shoes. i have searched the lake sight and am having trouble finding a dealer nearby. the list one of the ia cty shops but after a phone call, they dont sell them. i thought i remembered someone earlier in this thread posting about one of the cedar rapids stores having them???

now for the shoe...... they are uncomfortable int the heel cup and just plain dont feel right on the feet. i have an existing injured ankle that makes adjusting the right cleat sometimes and with this shoe, its been nearly impossible. i have been all around the base of the shoe with the cleats, added shims, turned this way and that way and still not right. they have about 200 miles on them and just arent comfortable on long rides. i rode tomrov home in my old supergo phantoms and they did me justice. wish i could find another pair of those babies, they held their own for a $80 ratchet strapped shoe purchased about 5 years ago.