Thread: Stan's - Now I get it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The key is to get the bead in the drop center channel. Should go on/off no easer or harder than std. rims. -Huck

Quote Originally Posted by Huck will tell you View Post
    The key is to get the bead in the drop center channel. Should go on/off no easer or harder than std. rims. -Huck
    Uh huh. There's no "dropping" the tire bead into the center channel - it's already tight while in the channel.

I'm with you Steve-O, looks like walking out is the easy route to take...

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Are you sure the tires aren't 26er? ROFLMAO! Sorry bro, It popped into my mind and I just couldn't stop myself.

My 26er Stan's Flows are a pretty tight but I can still get them on and off by hand, and I haven't rolled a tire since I put them on. (The white rims I had before were stoopid light and I rolled the tire numerous times, and then I rolled the rim so bye bye light stuff...)

With the super short sidewalls, pinching is rare, although I think I did pinch the back once. I've cut my tire within 3 rides both times I've tried tubeless, so I've been just using tubes. (The 2nd time was a $52.00 tubeless ready Mountain King, that I am still running w tubes and a mega patch inside over the cut.)

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to go tubeless, tubeless just doesn't seem to be cooperating with me. Thinkin about punching tubeless in the FACE!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Are you sure the tires aren't 26er? ROFLMAO! Sorry bro, It popped into my mind and I just couldn't stop myself.
    Dude! First thing I did was double check the sidewall to make sure I had a 29!

It totally reminded me of wrestling super-burly Maxxis Hookworms onto some of SteveDave's hardcore urban rims - darn near ended up with bloody fingertips after that one. Those tires are the reason I bought metal Park tire levers, but I couldn't bring myself to use them on these wheels (though it crossed my mind...)

Alright... so they fit tight. Sounds like that's "normal", and I understand why they would need to be tighter than with a tube. Just don't like it. Can't say I'm not looking forward to taking out the tubes to convert to tubeless...

Rg.

ps. I was thinkin about punching tubeless in the FACE that night!
    Haters gonna hate.