Thread: Stan's - Now I get it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The deed is done.

Pulled the tubes out and poured a couple caps of white goo in. Several quick pumps, bead snaps in, spin for a while and the few leaks around the beads stop. Took the rear tire a while to seal up, but seems to be tight now. One step closer to the dark side...

Didn't struggle near as much with the tires this time - none at all actually - maybe they needed a stretch. Whatever. Now I need to ride!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    The deed is done.

Pulled the tubes out and poured a couple caps of white goo in. Several quick pumps, bead snaps in, spin for a while and the few leaks around the beads stop. Took the rear tire a while to seal up, but seems to be tight now. One step closer to the dark side...

Didn't struggle near as much with the tires this time - none at all actually - maybe they needed a stretch. Whatever. Now I need to ride!

Rg.
    Has hell frozen over? I think so!

I love my tubeless setup. There have been a few rides where I came back and seen the sealant dried on the outside of my tire, thinking, AWESOME that probably would have been a flat if I still had tubes!

Then again.....back when I first converted using the Bontrager sealant (and also when I joined the trendy Cafe Latex movement)..."awesome" was nowhere in my vocabulary as I was walking my bike back to the trailhead with a flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    The deed is done.

... - maybe they needed a stretch. Whatever. Now I need to ride!

Rg.
    That's what she said
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!