Thread: 2010 moab video!!!!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default 2010 moab video!!!!

Uploaded @ 480. The new youtube settings might automatically go to 240p by default. if so, you may have to go to full screen and click on the 480 quality option in the lower left hand corner to see it clearly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdUBRc2UJ_M

I Hope You Like It!!
    Last edited by Vibrato; 12-07-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

YES!!! You da man RAY!!!

Don't want to even think about how much screen time this edit took. Great job! This and all those pix nicely capture what I'm sure was a fan-freakin-tastic trip.

Ive watched it like 20 times. Even downloaded the song off iTunes.

Ray, I could hug you!

Damn tourists. That view of the mountains on the interstate 70 at 1:52 in is a few minutes from my house. It still gives me chills and a big grin when I drive through that spot. I love CO, and I'll tolerate UT for a good ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwrath View Post
    Ive watched it like 20 times. Even downloaded the song off iTunes.

Ray, I could hug you!
    Dood, I still go through the photo stream you put up. It takes me back to that week when there was no tension within 1,000 miles, every person I needed to deal with was someone who I was glad to have along and was glad to have ME along, AND- the only thing to decide was whether or not to have a beer before or after the ride. Or both.

Best Trip Ever.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Gunchie, quit yer bragging. We like our corn field views...not.

I had to rewind Rage's crash a bunch of times.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Thumbs up

kudos where kudos are due.

I received this update from the "9 Flatlanders Head West" post McWrath started on mtbr.com:

This thread is located at:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...3&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

this videos one of the best mtb videos ive ever seen. It manages to encompass everything thats so great about the sport...

excitement, fun, bruises, friendship and beer...

wicked video

I second that statement. Can't WAIT for the full length version!

Great stuff Vibrato!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

and the FORC Goes West video is spreading like wildfire!

the video was just posted at mountain.bike198.com :::

http://mountain.bike198.com/videos/

all this on the heels of the news posted by Russ for the MWMBF in the IMBA newsletter, and the excitement we're getting at the City of Davenport...it is a GREAT TIME to be a FORC'er!!!

Awesome video Ray! Great memories.

Moab-goers, Tim McGrath gave me a disk with all the pictures he took during your trip. I have made copies and have a copy for each of you. Touch base with me so I can get your copy to you.
    I wanna ride!

A dood on mtbr noticed that during several parts of the video, the people in the video are lip syncing the song, especially doring the "I got soul but I'm not a soldier" part. Here are some other things you might not have noticed-

If you watch the lips during the "help me out" parts, there's a couple lip sync's there, too.

The best one is the chick from the Hot Tomato saying "Last call". That turned out almost as good as their calzones and beer!

Also- When the song says-

"I want some meaning from the back of my broken hand"- the video shows jmythng pointing to his elbow that he broke to pieces at Levis Trow in May of this year.

"another headache"- Kings is showing the brand new dent in his helmet.

"Another Heartbreak"- Rage is OTB.

"So much older than I can take"- me and one of my over 40 buds are sucking air.

"and my affections, they come and they go"- I'm drooling over my next bike, the white Mojo HD.

"I need direction to perfection" I am asking for directions to perfection and the group points all around us.

"last call for friends" has the Hot Tomato chick in profile and a very nice beer toast among friends

"when all is lost the battle is won, with all these things that I've done" I did the toilet bowl. To be fair, Stevedave did it, too, but I wanted me doing the toilet bowl, and I gave him the other big valley with "drop at thebottom", which became the understatement of the week.

There may be some other stuff I put into it if you watch closely, I just can't remember it all.

I was afraid this would turn out stupid- so I'm glad you guys like it!

Your hard work paid off Ray. Not only do people like it, it really is one of the best mixed videos I have ever watched. And Im not talking about the lip sync parts...I mean the mix of all the good times, both on and off the bikes. very VERY well done!

Ya I know....here I am digging up the old Moab thread again...

I started dinking around with some video software...and found out Elements can make some pretty damn sweet picture slideshows.
    Check this out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu7sWE4n9d0

(Youve seen all the pics before, but this was my vision before posting them up in a blog format)

Very Cool, Tim- Thanks!!

cool stuff

Awesome!
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

McGrath- I've been going through the CD of pics you sent us- man, there are some VERY nice shots of everyone on there, thanks for burning us all copies. There are several that are going to take the place of current pictures in my house- the far away shot of the toilet bowl REALLY captures how scary it was, and the 3 shots of the wall ride is too cool for words. if I'd know they were that scary, I woulnd't have done them!! HA!!

Sincerely- Thanks, Tim!

Thanks Ray...

If you other guys with cameras have any pics with me in them - where I am not picking my nose or scratching my balls or looking like a gimp with a sore back...I would love to see them.