Thread: Xc skiing

Default Xc skiing

Does anyone know of any good places in the QC to go cross country skiing? Not enough snow in Iowa City but I'm gonna be in the QC on Saturday and was hoping to go. I know there aren't any groomed trails over there I'm just looking to trudge around for a while!

Thanks!

Nate

I think Saukie Golf Coarse in Rock Island has cross country skiing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know the Saukee golf course is a common place for XC skiing, a few other parks in the area might be ok. I think Sunderbruch would be sweet up on top in the grassy area, the perimeter would be a good spot. Let me know what you find!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Duck Creek park (middle rd) has good skiing and someone usually puts down tracks or a skating loop soon after a snow. ScoCoPa also is fun to ski. The nature trail is a fun couple miles, but any trail out there (I think there are trails out there :) is a fun bushwack. to the skis!
    db

I was going to post something for XC skiing Sunday at 12:30 (I have a class until Noon, otherwise I'd choose earlier) since we are supposed to get snow this weekend. Anyone game for Duck Creek on Sunday? I have ski'd both Duck Creek and Scott County Park in the past, but I will be severely rusty on Sunday because it's been YEARS since I've been on my skis! I have waxless and waxable, but for Sunday, I'm going with waxless.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I would like to try this sport sometime this winter. It might be fun for us to plan a trip to Scott County's Wapsi River Center as a group. They have FREE equipment to use there. The phone number is 563-328-3286 to set it up.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I am often out skating at Duck Creek golf course in Davenport... many classic roots and a selfgroomed (50 times back and forth) skating part;-)

I saw ski tracks on Sylvan Island yesterday. I suppose that could be fun.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Board Position
    Vice President

sylvan will tear up your skis in 3 inchs of snow.. I would not ski that in the snow! I would not ski that in the rain! I would not ski that with 3 foot of snow! sam i am. scott county park is good! just ask skisus. Also anyone goin to snow star saturday for opening day?

Harald, I don't remember where best to park at Duck Creek.... Can you advise?
    I wanna ride!

Enter from Locust - keep left in front of big lodge - follow street downhill behind lodge - park down the hill (start of DuckC bike path) - follow traces behind (left side) that new big fence...

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I laid a few tracks at Illiniwek on Tuesday. Managed to squeeze a 2.2 mile loop out of the upper South side trails including some of the upper field. I haven't tried any of the steeper stuff yet or the North trails. Hikers like to walk in the ski tracks so they don't tend to last long here.