Thread: TRAIL DAY - THIS SUNDAY 11/21 @ 10am!

Talking TRAIL DAY - THIS SUNDAY 11/21 @ 10am!

Continuing on with this month's theme of working at Sunderbruch, we are having another Trail Day this Sunday.

The agenda looks something like this:

-Plant 20 more posts
    -Grade reversal on Kickapoo Down to improve drainage
    -Begin reroute on Blue Mound climb after Drop City
    -Build a bermed corner on Farmdale
    -Various odds and ends

We'll need at least 10 people to show up to get this stuff done.

Last Sunday, we had 11 show up and were done by 2pm. I see no reason why we couldn't get just as much, if not more done in the same amount of time this Sunday.

Bring some munchies, water, beer (of course)...

Tools needed:
    mechanical auger
    yard boss(es)
    flat and pointed shovels
    loppers
    mcclouds
    chainsaw(s)
    rogue hoe(s)
    tamper

See ya Sunday!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Planting posts blows so we're gonna try to keep that part quick and short because...

The bermed corner on farmdale needs to be done because there's a huge waste of momentum there, AND

(I can't wait to get this part done...) After discussion last week with the 6 to 8 doods who were still there at the end, the short steep climb on Blue Mound is being re-routed to allow for the use of the momentum from the drops to (hopefully) have a bermed corner, a short wallride and a longer, less steep, more technical climb. This will also get the trail back from the edge of the cliff, as this was cracked and showed signs of doing the same thing the lost trail did in the spring when the whole hillside fell away.

The climb could have a couple of rocky ups (think of the new drop just after the rock garden, something like that but going UP it instead!) and a piece of tree that was split in 2 as a natural bridge/skinny over the watershed at the top. (it's HEAVY! Anyone got a come along?)

This Blue Mound thing is tied with getting some more posts in as top priority. We're planning on having 2 trail bosses and as many doods as we can fit on the hill working to try to get this thing done before winter.

Can we do it in 1 day? That depends on how many friends you bring with you to help!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I'll be out there, probably planting posts. Can we get Jonny's auger again?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    I'll be out there, probably planting posts. Can we get Jonny's auger again?
    yep

we've got 2 yard bosses with tillers too...

2 tillers, 2 rogue hoes, a mccloud, and some flat shovels? sheesh, that'll make short work of the trail we need to build!

I'll try to be there.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    (it's HEAVY! Anyone got a come along?)
    oh, my friend, you know i do. i will come assist with the moving of the heavy schitt. what else would be needed for that process?
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

prolly need my saw, chains/cables and something with bawls to pull with. The piece we want to use is just past the top of the steep climb on Blue Mound on the left side. It's still hanging in the tree on one side and laying on the ground on the other, you can't miss it if you happen to go riding.

It's probably 10-14 ft long, roughly 2 ft wide and maybe 8 to 10 inches thick. It'll be HEAVY so if you want to head up moving this monster we'd all do what we can to follow your lead!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

ill try to get out there saturday morning to see what it looks like and what i think will be needed and post up with a game plan or what i think may be needed...
    i guess, you guys just bring yer muscles and a willing back... ill bring the come a long and what rigging i have. we'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by dru_b; 11-18-2010 at 07:19 PM.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Not sure if I can stay very long (bathroom project), but could you guys use a roll of corrugated drain tile? I've got two and willing to donate one. Just let me know if you'd prefer perforated or not and I'll bring it by...

Quote Originally Posted by SpinStir View Post
    Not sure if I can stay very long (bathroom project), but could you guys use a roll of corrugated drain tile? I've got two and willing to donate one. Just let me know if you'd prefer perforated or not and I'll bring it by...
    Perforated, please!! And as always THANKS for donations of stuff!!

I'm thinking of grilling up some grub and going for a ride after we work. Can someone bring a grill? I have coal and starter.

mp & I will be there, we can bring a small grill. Also we have a yard-boss we will bring, chain saw, small arsenal of hand tools, and a growler or two. i like dirt, i like dirt. anybody have some spare firewood?
    Last edited by dirtboy; 11-20-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: forgot somptin

I can bring a grill also...who's bringin the food to put on it ???

I can bring firewood. I've got tons of wood.
    ...who's bringin the food to put on it ???
    You are!

Rain hardly touched the trails. We're still on!