Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midwest Mtn Bike Fest ala FORC - June 24-26, 2011

FREE FEST T-SHIRT, going once..going twice...
    Don't miss out on the FREE Official 2011 Miwest MTB Festival T-shirt by signing up before June 10. All the cool kids will have one!

I’m a Fester, he’s a Fester. Dontcha wanna be a Fester too?
    Register now for the 2011 Midwest MTB Festival!
    The weekend of June 24-26, 2011, in the beautiful woods of eastern Iowa, hundreds of Mountain Bikers will gather to ride bikes, talk bikes, play games on bikes, and socialize while standing next to bikes. It would be top shelf if you were riding, talking, playing and socializing next to us.
    Register Online at www.midwestmtbfest.com or www.qcforc.org
    On Friday The International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) will host a summit on Club Advocacy: “Strength in Numbers”. http://www.qcforc.org/content.php?159
    The rest of the weekend will be filled with games, rides, socializing and more!
    The fest Midway will feature Demo Bikes from Trek and Specialized as well as swag and prizes from Ray’s MTB Park, SRAM, Rogue Tools, Clif Bar, Terry and others.
    Please join the Friends of Off Road Cycling for the party of the summer!
    See more at www.midwestmtbfest.com or www.qcforc.org
    Follow the Fest on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=111152202286288
    Follow FORC on Facebook, https://facebook.com/pages/Friends-o...13235135361094
    To the Bikes!

Is there a cost for the Club Advocacy? If so, how much? Do we have to register or just show up? The itinerary says "lunch" at 12:30pm; is it provided, should we bring our own, or be able to purchase?
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

no cost, included with your registration fee.

pretty sure the lunch is provided.

if I'm wrong on either account, I'm sure someone will correct me ;-)
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

You are correct on both counts, jthang.
    No extra cost for the Club advocacy portion, presented by our good friends at IMBA!
    Lunch is included and brought to you by our wonderful sponsor, Subway!
    Don't forget, register to fester before 6/10 and recieve the Official Fest T-shirt - FREE!
    Czar B

3 1/2 more days left to register in order to receive the coveted
    2011 Midwest Mountain Bike Festival t-shirt FREE!!

A mere $20 gets you in for the whole weekend (camping / lodging not included) and includes endless hours of awesome mtn bike related activities, an IMBA educational summit (including lunch) and being able to say you hung out with the cool kids.
    Don't forget to bring your favorite beer to contribute to the beer potluck on Saturday night.

And, we are also going to do a unwanted bike clothing swap. Bring whatever you don't wear anymore or haven't ever worn and we'll have a table to toss it on and maybe a newbie can get a few miles out of it. Things too small? Bring it! Things too big? Bring it! Just plain tired of it? bring it! Someone else might benefit from it. Anything that goes unclaimed will go to Goodwill at the end of the Fest.

THE FEST IS ALMOST HERE!

Don't let it pass you by!

June 24-26, 2011 -- Scott County Park, Parkview, Iowa.
    I wanna ride!

Just a thought since I haven't been out to ride in a few weeks. Do we have signs up for the fest at the 4 parks? Might be good to catch some of the local people that might not of heard about it yet.

We just got our posters last night (yep, we were a little behind on that one)...so there should be a poster going up in the parks that have Kiosks in the next day or two.