Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Mtn Bike Fest ala FORC - June 24-26, 2011

Default Midwest Mtn Bike Fest ala FORC - June 24-26, 2011

Mark your calendars!
    Mark your calendars!
    Mark your calendars!

Friends of Off-Road Cycling is hosting the 2011 and 2012 Midwest Mtn Bike Festival and we are going to have an amazingly awesome fun time!!!!

We will be posting more details this Winter, but for now, your assignment is to SAVE THE DATE!!

June 24-26, 2011

The Festival home will be Scott County Park thanks to our saweeeet singletrack, but also because of the beautiful camping accommodations and alternative attractions (swimming pool, golf course, playgrounds, etc.). We will be showcasing all of our parks throughout the weekend. We will be cooking out. We will be having a variety of biking games that will absolutely challenge you in ways never before imagined! Most of all, WE WILL BE HAVING FUN AND ENJOYING THE CAMARADERY OF HUNDREDS OF BICYCLING ENTHUSIASTS FROM THE MIDWESTERN REGION!

More details later....

What do you have to do RIGHT NOW?!

SAVE
    THE
    DATE!

June 24-26, 2011
    I wanna ride!

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Date Saved
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

What were those dates again?

The Excitement Builds!!
    The festival got a shout out in the North Scott Press. Even a quote from FORC'S own Aaron Griesenbeck "It is a Fest...Come out and have a good time". So pass the word; and as Bexter says:
    Save The Dates!!
    June 24-26, 2011
    (did you get those dates Steve-O?)

Looking forward to this 3 day long two wheeled keg stand.

Default mid west bike fest

hey was just wondering how to reserve a camp site for the weekend of this joyous journey. cant wait for the fun to begin. thanks kyle

We are still hammering out the details. Stay tuned for the Fest website (midwestmtbfest.com) and many more details of the fun we have in store for everyone.
    I wanna ride!

I just read my December IMBA Midwest Region eNews and here's what was in it:

Midwest MTB Summit dates announced

Friends of Off-Road Cycling (FORC) will host the Midwest Mtn Bike Festival for the next two years in Eastern Iowa. The 2011 Fest will be held the weekend of June 24-26. The host park will be Scott County Park in Parkview, Iowa (chosen for their beautiful camping accommodations, swimming pool, golf course, and of course sweet singletrack -- built based upon IMBA standards). Four parks (two in Illinois, two in Iowa) will be highlighted over the course of the weekend for the anticipated 400-500 attendees.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I just read my December IMBA Midwest Region eNews and here's what was in it:
    Midwest MTB Summit dates announced

Friends of Off-Road Cycling (FORC) will host the Midwest Mtn Bike Festival for the next two years in Eastern Iowa. The 2011 Fest will be held the weekend of June 24-26. The host park will be Scott County Park in Parkview, Iowa (chosen for their beautiful camping accommodations, swimming pool, golf course, and of course sweet singletrack -- built based upon IMBA standards). Four parks (two in Illinois, two in Iowa) will be highlighted over the course of the weekend for the anticipated 400-500 attendees.
    Cool! then we are all set, just show up with our bikes!
    As the recently appointed Fest Czar I am excited to get the chance to show the midwest region some QC hospitality and show off our great trail systems. Forcers get ready, in the next few weeks the planning committee will be hitting folks up to help turn plans into reality. I thank you in advance and can't wait to show (those that don't already know) how to party FORC style. db

I also saw that IMBA eNews. I noticed that it forgot to mention the Air Strip for the remote controlled planes. Not that that is my thing, but it might interest one or two attendees.
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

I am interested in becoming a sponsor. Who do I contact and how do I contact them? My info:
    Chad Jensen
    The Bicycle Station
    218 Main Ave.
    Clinton, IA 52732
    563-242-1712
    bicyclestation218@gmail.com

Hey Chad it would be great to have you on board as a sponsor!
    The head of the sponsor group is
    Ryan Cannady
    he is 'Dirt' on this forum so you could private message him or his email is
    rcannady@AMBANKQC.COM

I also emailed him your info.
    Thanks a lot for your interest, I think this is going to be a great festival and super chance to get your name out there!
    Dave Brown - fest czar :)

Just registered and have never been on a forum of an sort before, so if I sound like an idiot, I've been called worse! I am really excited about the festival -sounds like a blast. Is there a race(s) during the festival? How do I find out more about them? Thanks for helpinng a rookie out of towner!

Hey hey DWB, welcome! I've heard great things about the trails over in Boone. Isn't there a 24 hour race there? Hoping you will find our trails to be enjoyable. We have four different parks to show everyone. We are SO excited! The Fest doesn't include any sort of racing -- just a bunch of riding, biking camaraderie and socializing, checking out factory demo bikes, bike games, cooking out, more riding, etc. See you in June!!
    I wanna ride!

Thanks for the reply! I am hoping to bring a friend, since I don't know anyone in the area. Seven Oaks in Boone is a fun area to; ride also Petersen Pits north of Ames- (Iowa Games race July 18th I think). I wish there was a group like yours appears to be around here!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

This is gonna be more fun than a weekend at Charlie Sheen's!!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Czar B here. Just a reminder that now is the time to GO ALL IN! Sign up for the fest and be the coolest kid on your block. Be sure to sign up early to get your FREE Fest T-Shirt. Check out the web page for new information.
    Hey Forcers if you are travelling in the midwest and would be willing to stop by a bike shop or 2 in your destination city, with a hand full of brochures, PM me and I will get them to you. We got the swag, we got the beer we got the bikes, let's stock up on BIKERS!
    db

Czar B here. Just a reminder that now is the time to GO ALL IN! Sign up for the fest and be the coolest kid on your block. Be sure to sign up early to get your FREE Fest T-Shirt. Check out the web page for new information.
    Hey Forcers if you are travelling in the midwest and would be willing to stop by a bike shop or 2 in your destination city, with a hand full of brochures, PM me and I will get them to you. We got the swag, we got the beer we got the bikes, let's stock up on BIKERS!
    db

Just checking in. Been away for a while. How's things looking? Really looking forward to this!!! ITS LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing to see here.
    I do not exist.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

looks like the Trek WSD trailer will be out too...
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Outstanding!!!!
    I wanna ride!

Registering to be a fester, can't miss this? Looks like there are a few campgrounds at SCP. Is/are there designated areas for camping festers?

Yes, Sak Fox. We have reserved the whole wing for Fest camping.
    I wanna ride!