Thread: Midwest Mtn Bike Fest ala FORC - June 24-26, 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I just read my December IMBA Midwest Region eNews and here's what was in it:

Midwest MTB Summit dates announced

Friends of Off-Road Cycling (FORC) will host the Midwest Mtn Bike Festival for the next two years in Eastern Iowa. The 2011 Fest will be held the weekend of June 24-26. The host park will be Scott County Park in Parkview, Iowa (chosen for their beautiful camping accommodations, swimming pool, golf course, and of course sweet singletrack -- built based upon IMBA standards). Four parks (two in Illinois, two in Iowa) will be highlighted over the course of the weekend for the anticipated 400-500 attendees.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I just read my December IMBA Midwest Region eNews and here's what was in it:
    Midwest MTB Summit dates announced

Friends of Off-Road Cycling (FORC) will host the Midwest Mtn Bike Festival for the next two years in Eastern Iowa. The 2011 Fest will be held the weekend of June 24-26. The host park will be Scott County Park in Parkview, Iowa (chosen for their beautiful camping accommodations, swimming pool, golf course, and of course sweet singletrack -- built based upon IMBA standards). Four parks (two in Illinois, two in Iowa) will be highlighted over the course of the weekend for the anticipated 400-500 attendees.
    Cool! then we are all set, just show up with our bikes!
    As the recently appointed Fest Czar I am excited to get the chance to show the midwest region some QC hospitality and show off our great trail systems. Forcers get ready, in the next few weeks the planning committee will be hitting folks up to help turn plans into reality. I thank you in advance and can't wait to show (those that don't already know) how to party FORC style. db

I also saw that IMBA eNews. I noticed that it forgot to mention the Air Strip for the remote controlled planes. Not that that is my thing, but it might interest one or two attendees.
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

I am interested in becoming a sponsor. Who do I contact and how do I contact them? My info:
    Chad Jensen
    The Bicycle Station
    218 Main Ave.
    Clinton, IA 52732
    563-242-1712
    bicyclestation218@gmail.com

Hey Chad it would be great to have you on board as a sponsor!
    The head of the sponsor group is
    Ryan Cannady
    he is 'Dirt' on this forum so you could private message him or his email is
    rcannady@AMBANKQC.COM

I also emailed him your info.
    Thanks a lot for your interest, I think this is going to be a great festival and super chance to get your name out there!
    Dave Brown - fest czar :)