Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ray's in Milwaukee

Maybe we should add in a rule "no significant injuries"... because that messes with the vital HFDB component.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    President

Way to much structure in this tread. I'm out of here!
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Whine all you want, sissies- but if it's your 1st time at Ray's, you DO have to ride.

(Sheesh, this is like following the rule that you have to breath. Not sure I see the problem...)

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole'72 View Post
    Renting a bike sounds like a good idea unless it's really expensive.
    Looks like $10/day at the Cleveland location, so hopefully it will be the same in Milwaukee.

According to there site it looks like the grand opening has been pushed back, and now they hope to open by x-mas. May want to check there site before you head up there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im in for the near future....I have a four door truck if people dont have a seat
    Kyle

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

just happened to notice the rays site is down for maintenance...maybe some news coming
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Ray's Milwaukee site is now up!

Hopefully now they will have time to head down to the permit office.

Looks like they open TOMORROW. Time to start planning a trip.

ITS LIKE CHRISTMAS TWICE IN ONE WEEK!!! HOW DID THEY KNOW THATS WHAT I WANTED!!!!

CHECK IT OUT- http://www.raysmtb.com/mke/index.php

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I have this almost uncontrollable urge to get in my car and head to Milwaukee.

Snow skiing sounds like a stupid idea too. Should we take a Monday or Friday off work in a couple weeks and make a day trip?
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    I have this almost uncontrollable urge to get in my car and head to Milwaukee.
    I'm trying to get free tomorrow but right now it's not looking good. We usually try to do something like a "1st ride of the year" thing on New years day. I wouldn't be opposed to making it a rays ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    I'm trying to get free tomorrow but right now it's not looking good. We usually try to do something like a "1st ride of the year" thing on New years day. I wouldn't be opposed to making it a rays ride...
    I may be able to make that happen.

I could make a trip Sunday work, and I can take the wife's van

Ray said the place is incomplete. I'm gonna wait till it's all open.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Rays Report- It's only 3 hours and 20 minutes from my house with one stop for bathrooms and food on the way. 7 hours driving- 6 hours riding (which is PLENTY) and you can leave at 7 or 8 and be home by 8 or 9. Not a bad day trip at all, and only $6 bucks in tolls up AND back!

The park- of course it's cool, it's like rays Cleveland except it's all in one room and everything has been rearranged a little bit. The pump track isn't ready and the XC course is pretty short right now. work still in progress.

The Lines- The beginner section has a LOT more and longer runs than Cleveland and you do the runs off of the same platform as the sport section, which is comparable to Cleveland, different but comparable. Pretty cool stuff. The expert section has about the same number of lines but they are longer and there are a few that seem to be more difficult- rode all lines in the expert section in Cleveland numerous times, there are 3 lines in Milwaukee I didn't Clear- the right and left coming out of the elevator drop, and the one two rows to the left of the elevator drop that you will hit your chainring on, twice- This ones a little high in the air for an old fat guy to go experimenting on, and after lifting the back wheel to not hit thechainring- I don't think I could nosewheely to a stop quick enough to make the right on the S-skinny there. Really tricky.

The jump sections are really cool with a couple of nice big wall rides IF you got the skill to do the jumps with enough speed to get up there. The BMX bowl is at least half again as big as Cleveland, and it's layed out so the none skilled like me can play around, too. The foam pit has a 2 tiered launch ramp, the tall one gave me enough speed to land the backflips with NO pedaling.

It looks like the pump track will be biggerthan the one in cleveland, and the XC course will probably double in lenth when it's done. There were a couple of spots where the xc course seemed to be "narrower" between the guardrails on both sides- 29ers with wide bars won't be a problem, but I think you'll notice it.

If you only plan to go up once ever- then by all means wait until everything is done. If you think you'll probably jump in a with a group every now and then for the trip up- well heck- we haven't ridden in weeks, some of you, months- go already. You'll ride until your legs give out, and one day here will give you skills that you can't get outside of a park like this. (Ttry the rock garden in the beginner section, it's very do-able, but it'll jar your teeth)

I'll be heading back up at least a few times this year.