Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray's in Milwaukee

Default Ray's in Milwaukee

I see Rays MTB park in Milwaukee opens November 13th. Has there been any talk about making a trip up there? I would guess there would be interest in a few trips this winter since it is closer. Anyone interested in a Sat/Sun trip some weekend in December?

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Yup. Most talk I've heard leans toward aiting 2 or 3 weeks after the opening to let things die down.

Now- that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be up for a day trip. It's only 3 1/2 hours each way. Leave by 6, ride by 10, leave by 6, home by 10!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by vibrato View Post
    up for a day trip. It's only 3 1/2 hours each way. Leave by 6, ride by 10, leave by 6, home by 10!!
    fo sho!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

dibs on a seat in that van on the day trip too......
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

I'm in as long as we dont go when its still crazy there. I think December would be a better time to go. I'm free most weekends as long as we don't get lots of fresh snow.

Oh yea, there has DEFINITELY been talk about the new Ray's and FORC's maiden voyage to Milwaukee! Day trips and weekend trips are in our future!

Website: http://www.raysmtb.com/index.php?opt...d=47&Itemid=50
    Looks like Ray has got a hotel special as well for Milwaukee: $79 a night (includes tax). $20 a person per night, $20-$50 a person per night for drinks, $15 for food, chip in for fuel, and whatever the cost is to ride at Ray's... what an inexpensive weekend away (hopefully we don't need to factor in many replacement derailleurs)!

And, for the weekend trips...

http://www.lakefrontbrewery.com/main.html
    http://www.waterstreetbrewery.com/
    http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php (the Sprecher Dark is lovely!)
    http://ale-house.com/
    http://www.rockbottom.com/milwaukee (this is a chain like Granite City, reminds me of Front Street)
    http://www.stoneflybrewery.com/main_page.html
    Last edited by Bexter; 10-27-2010 at 03:28 PM.
    I wanna ride!

I'm in. If you guys have time, I'll take you on some great brewery tours too!
    Shut up body and do what I tell you

I'll set a date for a Saturday December 11th day trip. I can take my wifes van, and I would have 3 open seats - I'll save 1 of the others for AndyJ and 1 for my dad. If either of those 2 bail, the seats would be open also. Let's say $15 for gas money. I am assuming that everyone would rent a bike there. If there is a blizzard, I will reschedule.

Ben

Yeah, I'm definitely in. I can make about any weekend work except for those over the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    hopefully we don't need to factor in many replacement derailleurs!
    simple solution: singlespeed!

also, don't forget about the Safehouse - http://www.safe-house.com/

that place is bad-a$$! I got lost in there the first time I went...which may or may not be attributed to the immense amount of alcohol I consumed that night

We're thinking Dec. 26-30 as a window of possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    I'll set a date for a Saturday December 11th day trip
    Just to clarify, I'm not trying to plan an official FORC trip. I'm just saying that I'm planning to go up and anyone who wants to go along can.

Ya know, it's close enough, there can be more than one trip... go when ya can go.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

1st trip up needs to give a report- we're all wanting an answer to the big question...

Is it as good? or even BETTER?!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

A couple local guys and I were planning on going the weekend after opening, if nothing more than to look around and check the place out. I can take pics and report back!

I have a friend that lives close and this was his official report he sent me... I am planningh on going the weekend of Dec 11 and 12th..............Hey just wanted to email ya all to let you know I drove by rays tonight, and man It looks SICK!!!!!!!! F@#kin roller coaster for bikes. Right now there is plastic over the windows but there is a spot like at someplace else downtown where you can look in, from there I could see rollers, single track with logs, lots of transitions, Berms, jumps, a foam pit and f#$kin who know what else. I feel like little kid again not able to wait till they open.

I got room for 3

I did a brew tour at Lakefront Brewery this Summer...Great time, great people. It is a perfect fit for the Forc crew.
    Milwaukee... that's close enough that I can probably convince Amy to go. Who would like to see the Aimster attempting to shred a skinny? OK. So i'm dreaming a bit. Maybe a shopping trip for the non-riders tho. The possibilities are many...can't wait. Great comment by the dude up there about having to peak thru a window. It's like being a kid 4 weeks before Christmas.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Maybe a shopping trip for the non-riders tho. The possibilities are many...can't wait. Great comment by the dude up there about having to peak thru a window. It's like being a kid 4 weeks before Christmas.
    Now that idea has merit! But you know that blows the budget out of the water. I"ll run it by the wife though.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I'll set a date for a Saturday December 11th day trip. I can take my wifes van, and I would have 3 open seats.
    I'll take one of those seats. Renting a bike sounds like a good idea unless it's really expensive. I'll check it out later...PM me the details.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

The new Rays park looks nice and warm http://www.biztimes.com/realestatewe...s-in-milwaukee
    Get out and ride !!

that has WAY better curb appeal fo sho
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

I've been searching for some wank material and this place has no inside information! I can't believe there are no construction pics or teaser vids out yet.

And don't give me that "the 1st rule" crap, Tyler, I want to see photos!!

If there is wives/kids that'd like to go, I know that my wife would love to show some people around while the boys go play!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    And don't give me that "the 1st rule" crap, Tyler, I want to see photos!!
    And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Ray's, you have to Ride.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Whoa! What's with all of these *RULES*??

There's only ONE rule on a Ray's trip - HFDB!