Thread: Video Editing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Gunch- Windows live MM 2011 is typical microsoft- they did thousands of hours of work on a program to please the 1/10th of 1% who didn't like it and screwed the 99.99% who thought it was great. (Microsoft- Making programs that require more hardware while lowering performance! We should be the Government!) Web reviews from Movie maker 2.6 users and you're hard pressed to find even 1 person who likes it. Unless you're on the microsoft help site. (Job security, I'm guessing).

My old camera (@24 FPS? 30 FPS? who knows...AVI files) plays all day on the Movie maker 2.6- as many effects and edits as you want- hour and a half of thousands of clips with music- no problem. Load 1 file into MM live 2011 and it stutters, won't keep time with the music and basically just craps all over itself.

DH001- Thanks for the lowdown. After doing more research I'm going to try to clip the good stuff in "live" as best I can with the stuttering problems and then convert the mess with either Mpeg Streamclip or Super Converter so I can use MM 2.6. Movie Maker 2.6 is just so stinking easy and user friendly, I hate to spend time learning a new program when you can clip a video segment, add it into the timeline anywhere, adjust volume, add slow motion and fade it in or out in- all in about 15 seconds and then move to the next clip.

And Sheesh- I gotta think MORE RAM is the techno-geek equivelant of MORE COWBELL! HA! Certainly never hurts, but since I've got a program that works fine with video formats that aren't .MOV, I'm gonna try converting to something besides .MOV 1st. If the 2.6 has fits with the 60FPS I'll definately take your advice and do some upgrades to try to address it. A couple of the editors you mentioned have 30 day free trials, too! Sweet!

Plus I'm old and crotchety and I just plain don't like change.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    And Sheesh- I gotta think MORE RAM is the techno-geek equivelant of MORE COWBELL!
    *snort*

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.