With my old Sony camera, I could use Movie Maker (which is stooopid simple and crazy good) and have no problems editing with effects and music. With my new camera, I could record in 720 at 30 frames per second but I usually record in 480 at 60 frames per second. Also- it records in .MOV, the old Movie Maker won't read them and all advice googled on how to make it read them has not worked for me.

Reformatting would be an option if there was one that didn't take so long. I have almost 30 hours of video from the Moab trip alone, it would take a month of solid converting just to be able to get the files into a decent format- not very realistic.

The Windows "Live" Movie maker reads .MOV's, but it BUH - LOWS A$$ in every way, so I am looking for advice on video editing software that will handle decent movie editing in either the 720 or 480 @60 fps. (preferably, one that won't require me to buy a new computer!)

As for what I want the software to do, think of the 07 FORC video. (the 1st one)

I am using Windows Vista with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6GHz and 2G of ram. Would consider going to Windows 7.

I know some of you guys are much more into this than I am so any advice would be appreciated.

-Vibrato