Thread: NMBP/Ambassador classes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default NMBP/Ambassador classes

Scott Schar, HJ and I are working with IMBA to set up a class for those who would like to be both Patrollers and Ambassadors. We would like to have the class fairly soon, however, we are having a bit of a problem getting certification information for a local class from IMBA.

To those who attended the 1st aid training last week- thank you, it is VERY cool that FORC can use the MBP and it's volunteers as one of the tools for getting land managers to take our efforts seriously. You guys and gals ROCK!

While we're getting set up, is there anyone who would like to attend this class who cannot attend a 9:00am Sunday 5-7 hour class?

-Vibrato

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

The last class we took was only CPR. We are taking First Aid on the 18th. Depends on the Sunday, but I'll do my best to be there... I better for the price to become certified.

I signed up for ambassadorship on imba.com, took the test and passed. Last phase for true ambassadorship is to successfully complete a training course by my local NMBP - Vibrato & HJ. Sundays, and Tuesday & Wednesday evenings are the best times for me...let me know when it will be and I will be there.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Thumbs down

We've got approval from IMBA to do our own class- the online test is pretty simple, but we'll cover it all in class, too.

Sunday the 28th is looking like a maybe go if everyone can make it- still working on an exact time and venue. We would like to have it soon so that you guys and gals can have time to order jerseys and set up packs and such.

We will keep you updated!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

As far as dates, if HJ is there, I'll be there!! Yay! Mielke and I have gotten our online test and registration out of the way. The class is the last step for us.

For those interested in the Ambassador or Mtn Bike Patrol qualifications, visit the IMBA website for more detail. The Ambassadorship requires passing an online test which was very easy, working with the local NMBP chapter, and sending in your green to IMBA. The Mtn Bike Patrol is more extensive requiring CPR certification, first aid and bike repair training, creating a pack with first aid supplies, taking a test, sending in cash to IMBA. Feel like I'm forgetting something, but check the IMBA site for more info on the NMBP.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    The Ambassadorship requires passing an online test which was very easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    the online test is pretty simple,
    geez guys...and I felt good that I got 15 out of 15 right!