Thread: NMBP/Ambassador classes

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default NMBP/Ambassador classes

Scott Schar, HJ and I are working with IMBA to set up a class for those who would like to be both Patrollers and Ambassadors. We would like to have the class fairly soon, however, we are having a bit of a problem getting certification information for a local class from IMBA.

To those who attended the 1st aid training last week- thank you, it is VERY cool that FORC can use the MBP and it's volunteers as one of the tools for getting land managers to take our efforts seriously. You guys and gals ROCK!

While we're getting set up, is there anyone who would like to attend this class who cannot attend a 9:00am Sunday 5-7 hour class?

-Vibrato

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

The last class we took was only CPR. We are taking First Aid on the 18th. Depends on the Sunday, but I'll do my best to be there... I better for the price to become certified.

I signed up for ambassadorship on imba.com, took the test and passed. Last phase for true ambassadorship is to successfully complete a training course by my local NMBP - Vibrato & HJ. Sundays, and Tuesday & Wednesday evenings are the best times for me...let me know when it will be and I will be there.

Thumbs down

We've got approval from IMBA to do our own class- the online test is pretty simple, but we'll cover it all in class, too.

Sunday the 28th is looking like a maybe go if everyone can make it- still working on an exact time and venue. We would like to have it soon so that you guys and gals can have time to order jerseys and set up packs and such.

We will keep you updated!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

As far as dates, if HJ is there, I'll be there!! Yay! Mielke and I have gotten our online test and registration out of the way. The class is the last step for us.

For those interested in the Ambassador or Mtn Bike Patrol qualifications, visit the IMBA website for more detail. The Ambassadorship requires passing an online test which was very easy, working with the local NMBP chapter, and sending in your green to IMBA. The Mtn Bike Patrol is more extensive requiring CPR certification, first aid and bike repair training, creating a pack with first aid supplies, taking a test, sending in cash to IMBA. Feel like I'm forgetting something, but check the IMBA site for more info on the NMBP.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    The Ambassadorship requires passing an online test which was very easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    the online test is pretty simple,
    geez guys...and I felt good that I got 15 out of 15 right!

Mielk, they gave you a different test!
    I wanna ride!

do you have to be an imba member to get things started on the ambassadorship? i plan on joining after rays.........
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

The fee to become an Ambassador includes IMBA membership

thanks. i was lookin on imba's site and was not finding info on the ambassador program. call me blind or dumb, but can someone lead me in the right direction>?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    The fee to become an Ambassador includes IMBA membership

...I'm not so sure on that. I paid for Ambassador, and I was due to renew my regular IMBA membership. There was no indication that, after paying the Ambassador fee, that my IMBA membership had renewed.

I will have to check into this more closely...

i did finally find info, and as i look at the ambassador membership, it does appear that imba membership is included. a basic imba membership is only $30 a year. the ambassador membership is $35.

i am going to do this after rays for sure.

DOOODS, I wanna have the Patrol and Ambassador class Sunday March 1st at about 10:00am, but I'm having trouble finding a location. Do any of you have a place where I can show a powerpoint with room for 8-10 to sit and go through the material?

If you do PLEASE call me at 309-737-4762. -Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    DOOODS, I wanna have the Patrol and Ambassador class Sunday March 1st at about 10:00am, but I'm having trouble finding a location. Do any of you have a place where I can show a powerpoint with room for 8-10 to sit and go through the material?

If you do PLEASE call me at 309-737-4762. -Ray
    Front Street?

Board Position
    President

Nope, no idea...
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

ag's basement?

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Nope, no idea...
    I know where there is a 100" screen and a wet bar. The fridge is normally stocked very well (as long as you bring yours to replenish)...

oh...and...there's a freaking BIKE SHOP there too

:banana:

Quote Originally Posted by dru_b View Post
    ag's basement?
    Who's AG?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    Who's AG?
    I don't know...maybe its a guy who has something to do with farming

could have been me too going by initals, but my basement isn't near what that other guys is............and there's no tv.

So what time are we meeting at AG's again? And will that be before or after mugs at Bent?

Default Patrol/Ambassador Classes March 1st!!!

Beginning at 12:00 noon, at the Front Street Brewery, 208 East River Drive, Davenport, IA in the lower meeting room. There will be no fee for this class, food and drinks are available at your own expense.

All materials except a writing utensil will be provided. We will cover Patrol and Ambassador responsibilities, situations and trail repairs, AND we will cover the test material!!! Expect the class to last 3 hours.

Anyone who wishes to attend for Patrol or Ambassadorship is welcome.
    Please let me know you are coming so I can prepare an appropriate amount of materials at 309-737-4762- Vibrato

This is the class that is required to be taken for registering with IMBA!!