Thread: Kuods to the Illiniwek Trail Crew!!!!!

Default Kuods to the Illiniwek Trail Crew!!!!!

I had the pleasure of riding the trails at Illiniwek last night. WOW!!!!! They are AWESOME! The new South loop is flowy and curvy and the bench cuts were magnificent. As I was flying through the park, seeing feet and feet and feet of bench-cut tread, I kept marvelling at the amount of back-breaking work that went into putting in those trails. Equally impressive is the layout/design of the trails. The climbs/descents are fun! My hat is off to you guys. Well done! Thank you.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Vice President

hooah hooah thanks should go most to drew! lookin forward to next weekend! remember my b-day is friday

I will have to second Bexter's post on the trails. Rode there this afternoon and had a blast! I only had 45 minutes to ride and got a pretty decent work-out in. I read on here how someone didn't like ending up in a field somewhere... waahh. I had a great time trying to figure out where to go next. This system is a fine addition to our area trails. Keep up the great work and don't knock the trails you didn't help build.

I agree with Zach, the most credit goes to Drew, he spends a great deal of time laying out and building trail and how about those corners? Without all of Drews hard work it wouldn't be possible, great job Drew and stay tuned as there's more to come!

JB

Drew rocks! The banked corners are sweet.

There is a corner at SBP that could really use a bank job. It's on the green trail. It's a fairly tight corner with a tree about 6" across at the end of it. If you don't know it's there, you'll probably hit it. If you do, it's a slow corner.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Default Awesome Trail!!!

I want to say thanks to all the trail crew as well. I have been keeping up to date on all the progress made with the trail nights and have been dying to get back here and ride it. My job keeps me traveling outside the QCA most of the summer, but I love riding when I am here.

I jumped off a plane yesterday afternoon and went and rode Illiniwek last night. Great time!

My two favorite things about the trail:

1. It is a super fun to ride!
    2. It is close enough to town, that I can jump on my bike from home, and ride to it without needing a vehicle to get there. (Only about 7.5 miles from Moline)

Again, great work and I will definitely try to make the next trail night (no excuses for me if it is on a weekend!).

-Jared

Today was my first visit to Illiniwek; it was an awesome experience. I really liked the down hill sections that led to the bottom entrance of the park.
    Really wish there was something I could have done to help you out Drew when I ran into ya today.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

THREAD HIJACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole'72 View Post
    Drew rocks! The banked corners are sweet.

There is a corner at SBP that could really use a bank job. It's on the green trail. It's a fairly tight corner with a tree about 6" across at the end of it. If you don't know it's there, you'll probably hit it. If you do, it's a slow corner.
    Banked corner, table top into a bank on the secondary corner or at the least some re working- The steward and crew all agree!! Only the priority of getting the trail that was closed and crappy back open and rehabbed has prevented this from being completed. This corner is on the top 10 things that we want to do! (Some of those things are time consuming...)

Stay Tuned!
    THREAD HIJACK OVER!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.