Thread: Iowa vs. Illinois series

Default Iowa vs. Illinois series

I have been wondering why the Illinois series seems to be more popular than the Iowa series as far as FORC participation goes. There appear to be only 3 novice racers that did enough races (4 of 9) to qualify for the series (two are my dad and I), and you can do 3 races without driving past Iowa City. Granted, those 3 are FORC members, but I don't think any other FORC members raced west of Iowa City in any category. I'm not sure what the prize is for the IL series, but you win free race entry for the next year in the Iowa series. Just thought some of you might want to try some new trails next year - I know I enjoyed the few I did and am looking forward to next year.

2. Default

I know Perry raced South of Des Moines at Banner Lake. That course sucked the wind right out of you.

I know what your saying. I had a bad year at home and didn't get to any of the iowa races this year. I am looking forward to steping up my game next year and would love to do more races. Knowing my money probs this year I would have to car pool more next year to make it work. Hope we keep in touch

Thanks, Andy
    MACmtbc President