Thread: average heart rate

Default average heart rate

i have just got into mtbing and triathlons and dual-athlons this year. my question is that when i am at a resting heart rate it is around 48-54 which i think is pretty good. when i get riding my heart rate just goes through the roof it is hard for me to keep it below 175. i think this a little high but not sure at that rate i still fell good but dont understand y it is so high. the reason for asking the buddy i ride with heartrate at resting is in the 60 but when we get riding he is in the 150-155. his max is 163 mine was 187. dont seem right to me just wondering if anyone has some input for me. thanks kyle

Heart Rate is as personal as your bike preference. We are all different. Being able to mention a high heart rate for an extended period of time isn't a bad thing. What you need is a field test like this one: http://lwcoaching.com/?p=138. Then take that data and plug into here: http://lwcoaching.com/trainingplans/levelCalcs.htm Many sport GPS's have zones for heart rate that go from 1 to 6, 1 being lowest and 6 being the highest. This will give a base for were you need to be when training. The most common training plans use high intensity during the week and long distance at tempo (HR zone 3) on the weekend. And of course, the more you train the better your heart rate will get. Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

For us old doods, we just fugure as long as we don't hit 0, we're doin ok!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.