Thread: nutritionists?????

Default nutritionists?????

looking for some help in the nutrition area. i am wanting to become a little healthier and truly know nothing about eating healthy, or even good energy foods for before or after rides. to get sustainable energy without crashing or feeling weak. am going to start a stretching regimine daily and hopefully get in a workout or 2 in a week plus riding whenever possible.

need a fitness guru within the club that is willing to offer free advice and help me along the way.,............... any takers? i can be your project of sorts if you wish. i gots some belly and back fats that need removal.

hey, it's a start. wish me luck.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

the Collier brothers (Gunchie and Matt) know an awful lot about fitness and nutrition. I would say seek one of them out, but be prepared for A LOT of information ;)

Want to get fit? Eddy Merckx has the best advice: "Ride Lots."

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

The ABS Diet. It's not insanely strict and teaches how to make smarter decisions when eating. It even has a huge list of different restaurants and what on the menu would be the healthiest choice. If you want to get amazing results there is also a book called Body-For-Life. It has a great dieting and exercise program. It's much more strict but you'll be amazed what 3 months of it can do for your body.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

I have a copy of the body-for-life book... good stuff
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

no offense scott, but we have the same look already. if you are living by it, i need something else...

It's not rocket science! We all know what food is crap and what's not, whether we like to admit it or not. Eat sensibly and excercise (ie. ride lots) - and you'll lose weight. I lost a solid 30 lbs. during my first year of real riding (approx. 800 miles). Didn't do anything else different, except tried not to eat as much crap. Since then I've gained about 10 back, but I know exactly why - I wasn't able to ride nearly as much this past year...

+1 for Body-for-Life

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

I didn't say i live it, I just have the book. This body is built by Bent...
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

gotcha..... :)

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

1 more kudo for BFL, I had good results and I liked the way the workouts are set up.

Speaking for myself- the exercise isn't a problem- I love working out and riding etc. The problem is +75% of the way your physique looks is due to what you put down your throat.

BFL is a great starter, if you choose to go with it, do the workouts but focus on the diet.

Myfitnesspal.com has a spread sheet for keeping track of your food. Most of the stuff I eat is already in the database so it automatically keeps track of daily calorie intake, and breaks it down to grams of fat, carbs and protien.

If you figure out your daily intake goals, you can fine tune your intake to match it here.

Also- for great support and answers, try bfltracker.com. Tell them vibrato sent you.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

damn, I hate telling Ray he's right ;)

That "spare tire" that we all have and love to hate has nothing to do with your level of fitness and everything to do with diet.

Unfortunately, I have never found the level of dicipline it takes to adhere to a strict diet because I just love a bacon double cheeseburger with a side of onion rings dippied in chipotle ranch sauce...mmmmm

well, unfortunately it's what's goes down my mouth hole that gets me in trouble to start with. first off i'll try and learn to curb me appetite and watch intake of foods......

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    The ABS Diet. It's not insanely strict and teaches how to make smarter decisions when eating. It even has a huge list of different restaurants and what on the menu would be the healthiest choice.
    Dru B...I'm telling you the ABS Diet is the deal. It's actually easy. I bought the ABS Diet book and the Eat This Not That Guide (Both by David Zinczenko), and a mountain bike. I never did BFL - too intense even for me. I did Core Performance - a book by Mark Verstegeen. The stretches in there alone were a solid workout and the exercises are great for balance which should translate into better riding. I went from a beefy 240 to a slightly less beefy 199. When you're not riding, do [I]something[I] that gets the juices flowing in the morning - push ups, sit ups, pull ups, stretches...anything. I found that when I worked out even for 10 minutes in the morning, I felt better and ate better all day. When I skipped a day it turned into 5 days and I felt like a bag of crap. ABS Diet and Core Performance - you can't go wrong. Oh, and - dare I say - less beer more bike not the other way around.